I've posted the 1988 Hungerthon at this blog as well. (It's the only other one I can find, at least so far.) In that one, Crosby, Stills and Nash were the final act as well, the main headliner. But in that concert, their set only lasted 36 minutes. This time, their set was over an hour and a half, which was probably about as long as their typical concerts in that era.
In 1988, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young released only their second studio album as a foursome, "American Dream." Frankly, it was a big disappointment. But in my opinion, most of the songs were strong. The album was ruined by inappropriate production (which was all too common a problem in the 1980s), plus being too long, and other issues like that. They only played a few new songs here: "House of Broken Dreams," "Tracks in the Dust," and "Got It Made." In my opinion, they were just as strong as the other songs. I wish they would have played more. For the most part, they stuck to their classics (plus a cover version of "Midnight Rider"), all performed in acoustic mode.
Like the first two parts of this concert, the sound quality is excellent, due to it being broadcast on a radio station at the time. However, like those other parts, there were a lot of interruptions by DJs asking for donations between songs. (It was a radiothon fund raising benefit concert, after all.) I got rid of all that. I also did a lot of work between songs, repairing the parts ruined by the DJ talk, and patching in more audience applause instead. I think it has a pretty good flow now.
One minor problem appeared with "Almost Cut My Hair:" the intro through to the very first line of lyrics was missing. Probably, this was due to a DJ who kept talking after the song started. I found a different version of the song from the same time period (from a Crosby solo concert, actually) and patched that in. So that's why that song has "[Edit]" in its title. But really, I could have put that in nearly all the titles, due to all the editing I did to fix applause issues.
This album is an hour and 39 minutes long.
45 talk by emcee (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
46 Wasted on the Way (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
47 Change Partners (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
48 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
49 Blackbird (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
50 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
51 The Lee Shore (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
52 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
53 Just a Song Before I Go (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
54 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
55 Helplessly Hoping (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
56 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
57 4+20 (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
58 Wind on the Water (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
59 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
60 House of Broken Dreams (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
61 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
62 Tracks in the Dust (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
63 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
64 Almost Cut My Hair [Edit] (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
65 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
66 Guinnevere (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
67 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
68 Midnight Rider (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
69 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
70 Got It Made (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
71 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
72 Southern Cross (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
73 Wooden Ships (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
74 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
75 Our House (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
76 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
77 Suite- Judy Blue Eyes (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
78 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
79 Teach Your Children (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
80 talk (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
81 Daylight Again - Find the Cost of Freedom (Crosby, Stills & Nash)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/qGQAeset
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/iSu0l8oEHTccKyW/file
As I mentioned with the previous parts of this concert, I couldn't find any actual photos of musicians performing at the concert. However, I did find some related artwork. In this case, I found a concert poster for the concert that was signed by Crosby, Stills and Nash. You can see their scribbles on the silverware in the image. I couldn't find the name of the artist who made the poster.
I have to admit I altered this art in a significant way. Originally, it was a different shape, fitting a rectangular poster. But I squished it down vertically in order to fit into the square space needed for an album cover.

No comments:
Post a Comment