I only have two more Ebbets Field albums to post, and they're somewhat different. They're compilations of all the songs I could find that were recorded at this venue in the cases where only single songs have been made public instead of full shows. So this is the last proper concert. If you know of any concerts from this venue that I've missed, PLEASE let me know! I want this to be the best spot on the Internet for finding this material.
Anyway, let's get to the details of this particular concert. It's the second one from Ian Matthews, a singer-songwriter who was an original member of the band Fairport Convention. (He later changed his name to Iain Matthews.) The first one I posted was from 1976. Like that one, we have this one because it was released earlier in 2026 on the archival collection "Rhythm of the West: The Columbia Years 1975-1977."
With his 1976 album "Go for Broke," he switched styles from folky to pop rock. He continued that trend with his 1977 album "Hit and Run." A lot of the songs here are from that album, as well as the previous one. Also, in the 1976 concert I posted, he hardly ever spoke between songs. But there's a lot of banter in this recording.
This album is an hour and one minute long.
01 talk by emcee (Ian Matthews)
02 Just One Look (Ian Matthews)
03 Times (Ian Matthews)
04 talk (Ian Matthews)
05 Rhythm of the West (Ian Matthews)
06 talk (Ian Matthews)
07 Tigers Will Survive (Ian Matthews)
08 talk (Ian Matthews)
09 Help to Guide Me (Ian Matthews)
10 Brown Eyed Girl (Ian Matthews)
11 talk (Ian Matthews)
12 I Will Not Fade Away (Ian Matthews)
13 talk (Ian Matthews)
14 Shuffle (Ian Matthews)
15 Hit and Run (Ian Matthews)
16 talk by emcee (Ian Matthews)
17 Lonely Hunter (Ian Matthews)
18 talk by emcee (Ian Matthews)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/nkohH3D2
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/mtiwKHRrtVSPPLj/file
The cover image is from 1978, but I don't know more details. The original was in black and white, but I colorized it.

No comments:
Post a Comment