Monday, December 4, 2023

John Fogerty - Swamp Water - Non-Album Tracks (2005-2013)

Boy, I sure am taking my time posting John Fogerty non-album tracks albums. The first one was posted in 2019. The second one was in 2022. This is the third, and there's one more after this. I hope I'll get to posting that one faster.

Five of the 12 songs have been officially released. "Oh, Pretty Woman," "Comin' Down the Road," and "Rockin' in the Free World" are from the usual various artists compilations. The last two songs, "Mystic Highway" and "Train of Fools" are the only two new originals from the 2013 Fogerty album "Wrote a Song for Everyone," which is otherwise all duets of classic hits.

The first two songs are from an episode of the TV show "CMT's Crossroads" and are duets with Keith Urban. "Rockin' with the Rhythm of the Rain" is from a 2011 TV show "Girls Night Out." "Swamp Water" and the acoustic version of "Fortunate Son" are both from the TV show "The Finder." I don't know where the acoustic version of "Green River" is from, but it's unreleased and it sounds like it was done in a recording studio. "Deja Vu (All Over Again)" is also an acoustic version that was done live in 2008.

This album is 41 minutes long.

01 Walk in the Country with Me [Live] (John Fogerty & Keith Urban)
02 Rambunctious Boy [Acoustic Version] (John Fogerty & Keith Urban)
03 Deja Vu [All Over Again] [Live Acoustic] (John Fogerty)
04 Oh, Pretty Woman (Bruce Springsteen & John Fogerty)
05 Comin' Down the Road [Live] (John Fogerty)
06 Rockin' in the Free World (John Fogerty & Keith Urban)
07 Rockin' with the Rhythm of the Rain (John Fogerty)
08 Swamp Water [Instrumental] (John Fogerty)
09 Green River [Acoustic Version] (John Fogerty)
10 Fortunate Son [Acoustic Version] (John Fogerty)
11 Mystic Highway (John Fogerty)
12 Train of Fools (John Fogerty)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16017264/JohnFoge_2005-2013_SwmpWaer_atse.zip.html

I sure am happy with this album cover because it perfectly fits the album title. This comes from a poster at the Fillmore in San Francisco in 1997. I need to remind myself to use concert posters more often. I had to make some edits in Photoshop to get the rectangular poster to fit in a square space. I raised up the crocodile and added the album title.

8 comments:

  1. I get as much enjoyment (almost) from your covers as I do the music. And I suspect you do too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's nice to get some positive feedback about the covers. That rarely happens.

      Delete
  2. Hi Paul: This post led me to download the rest of your Fogerty material. Thanks for all that. Anyway, I noticed that the download of Hoodoo, the lost album, is missing the four songs from the singles that you added to make a longer album. Did you take them off on purpose? Maybe copyright troubles? Can I find them anywhere else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're probably right. In my music collection, I put them as extra tracks to Fogerty's 1973 album, "The Blue Ridge Rangers," where they fit better chronologically. I'll see if I can do something else with them. I have an idea.

      Delete
  3. You could add a few more songs to this album, like: The holy grail (John Fogerty and Billy Gibbons) and Love and war (Brad Paisley and John Fogerty)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. Those are from 2017 and 2018. They fall into the time frame of the next album in this series. They're included that next album already.

      Delete
  4. Over at Voodoo Wagon, I recently posted 3 Fogerty cover songs from the mid-80s, from a Buddy Holly special.

    ReplyDelete