Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Billy Joel - BBC Sessions, Volume 3: In Concert, Wembley Arena, London, Britain, 5-26-1990

I've posted two Billy Joel BBC concerts. I thought I was all done with his BBC material, but I found one more concert. Here it is.

In my opinion, Joel was past his creative peak by 1990, the year of this concert. Perhaps he felt that way too, because he only released one more album of original material in 1993. Since then, he's basically given up songwriting, which is pretty unique for people of his fame and talent. That said, he still wrote a bunch of quality songs since his previous BBC concert in 1984, and naturally he did most of his best songs during this concert.

An additional bonus is that this is a rather long concert. It's about 20 minutes longer than that 1984 BBC concert. So if you were to listen to just one, this probably would be my recommendation. The sound quality is excellent. I didn't have to change anything.

This album is two hours and nine minutes long.

Oh, and by the way, since I now have three Billy Joel BBC albums, I changed the cover art of the first two at the same time I'm posting this, so they all have the same font size and type.

01 Intro - Storm Front (Billy Joel)
02 Allentown (Billy Joel)
03 Prelude - Angry Young Man (Billy Joel)
04 talk (Billy Joel)
05 Scenes from an Italian Restaurant (Billy Joel)
06 talk (Billy Joel)
07 The Downeaster Alexa (Billy Joel)
08 Goodnight Saigon (Billy Joel)
09 talk (Billy Joel)
10 Rule Britannia (Billy Joel)
11 I Go to Extremes (Billy Joel)
12 Pressure (Billy Joel)
13 talk (Billy Joel)
14 Leningrad (Billy Joel)
15 My Life (Billy Joel)
16 An Innocent Man (Billy Joel)
17 talk (Billy Joel)
18 Shameless (Billy Joel)
19 talk (Billy Joel)
20 We Didn't Start the Fire (Billy Joel)
21 Shout (Billy Joel)
22 Uptown Girl (Billy Joel)
23 It's Still Rock 'N' Roll to Me (Billy Joel)
24 You May Be Right (Billy Joel)
25 Only the Good Die Young (Billy Joel)
26 talk (Billy Joel)
27 A Matter of Trust (Billy Joel)
28 Big Shot (Billy Joel)
29 That's Not Her Style (Billy Joel)
30 talk (Billy Joel)
31 Piano Man (Billy Joel)

https://www.imagenetz.de/fkKz6

The cover photo was taken at Wembley Arena in 1990. However, he performed there a bunch of times, so I don't know if it's from this exact concert.

1 comment: