Monday, November 13, 2023

Badfinger Concerts Reconsidered

This is just a quick note for those (like me) who are sticklers about accuracy. Back at the start of October 2023, I posted an unreleased Badfinger concert that I called "Somewhere in New York, 5-1971." That's because the information about when and where it took place was sketchy at best. Some commenters here made me reconsider. I now think it's most likely that the concert happened at Ungano's Club in New York City in November 1970, though there's still a lot of uncertainty about that.

Thus, I've redone the album title, cover art, and mp3 tags to reflect this change. It's the exact same music. But if you want the updated version, here's the link:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2023/10/badfinger-somewhere-in-new-york-5-1971.html

Note that I've previously posted another unreleased Badfinger concert that probably also took place at Ungano's Club, but one night earlier. I just changed the cover art slightly for that. (I'd had "Live 1970" in the title when that wasn't necessary.) Here's the link for that one:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2019/06/badfinger-live-1970-unganos-club-new.html

The two concerts have very similar set lists, but I figure both are worthy listens since there's very little live music from this band with the high sound quality levels of these two concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment