Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Robert Cray - BBC Sessions, Volume 1: In Concert, Hammersmith Odeon, London, Britain, 10-16-1988

I've haven't posted any music from American blues singer and guitarist Robert Cray until now. He's released an official album called "Live at the BBC," so I was going to leave that alone. However, I found out that it's actually selections taken from two BBC concerts, one in 1988 and the other in 1991. Instead, I'm going to post the full versions of both concerts.

Cray's popularity probably peaked around 1988. His 1986 album "Strong Persuader" went gold or platinum in many countries, then he repeated the feat with his 1988 album "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark." So this was a good time for a live album. The official BBC album only has seven tracks from this concert, whereas I was able to find 14.

The songs all come from a since source, and the sound quality is just as excellent as you'd expect from the BBC. I couldn't tell a difference in quality between the versions on the official album and the versions on the bootleg I used.

This album is an hour and four minutes long. It's possible the BBC edited this concert down some, but if they did it probably wasn't that much.

01 I Guess I Showed Her (Robert Cray)
02 Foul Play (Robert Cray)
03 Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Robert Cray)
04 The Last Time [I Get Burned like This] (Robert Cray)
05 talk (Robert Cray)
06 Don't You Even Care (Robert Cray)
07 Still Around (Robert Cray)
08 Night Patrol (Robert Cray)
09 I Can't Go Home (Robert Cray)
10 talk (Robert Cray)
11 Gotta Change the Rules (Robert Cray)
12 Playing in the Dirt (Robert Cray)
13 Nothin' but a Woman (Robert Cray)
14 Smoking Gun (Robert Cray)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15938577/RbrtCray_1988_BBSessonsVolum1InConcrtHammrsmthOdeonLondnBritain__10-16-1988_atse.zip.html

The cover photo of Cray was taken at a concert at the Hammersmith Odeon in London in 1988. That's the same venue as this concert. However, he played there a bunch of times in 1988, so I don't know if it's from this exact concert or not.

1 comment:

  1. I'm concerned about recent stuff I tried to download from your page. The last three downloads (Gilmour, Jackson, Cray) all had malware attached to them. What gives?

    ReplyDelete