Friday, November 17, 2023

Norah Jones - Unique Home Concert Songs, Volume 1 (2020)

This is an unusual album for me to post, because everything I've posted here has been posted before. I've posted no less than 14 albums of Norah Jones' home concerts from 2020. That's a lot of music. That vast majority of that consisted of Jones playing songs that she'd already done elsewhere. I think it was interesting hearing them done in solo acoustic mode, usually quite different from the album versions, but they had been done before. So I thought it would be useful to gather up all the songs from those home concerts that were unique to just those concerts and never recorded anywhere else. It turns out there was enough for two albums. So this is the first one.

The songs here are presented in chronological order of when she performed them. She started in mid-March 2020, mere days after the Covid pandemic became a worldwide phenomenon, and this album continues until mid-June 2020. The vast majority of the songs are covers.

If you look at the mp3 tags, you can see which songs are from which albums I've made. But since many people don't know how to look at those, I'll also explain here. The first six songs are from "Home Concerts 1." The seventh song is from "Home Concerts 2." The eighth song is from "Home Concerts 3." The ninth song is from "Home Concerts 4." The tenth song is from "Home Concerts 5."

This album is 38 minutes long.

01 Patience (Norah Jones)
02 Joey (Norah Jones)
03 You and Me (Norah Jones)
04 Lucky (Norah Jones)
05 I Remember Clifford [Instrumental] (Norah Jones)
06 I Am Missing You (Norah Jones)
07 I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Norah Jones)
08 Permanently Lonely (Norah Jones)
09 I'll Be Seeing You (Norah Jones)
10 Light Wind Blowing (Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15950366/NorahJ_2020_UnqueHomeConcrtSongsVolum1_atse.zip.html

Instead of making a normal album cover, to show how this was a compilation of selected songs from albums I'd already made, I used a montage of the photos for the albums in the home concerts series.

2 comments: