Sunday, November 12, 2023

Sheryl Crow - The Dreaming Kind - Non-Album Tracks (2016-2018)

One these years, I'm going to finish posting all the Sheryl Crow stray tracks albums. Moving forward chronologically, I'm getting closer to the present day (as I write this in November 2023).

I believe this is the 18th, Crow stray tracks album I've posted. If you're familiar with some of the others, you should know the drill by now. Seven of the songs are officially released, and they're the usual mix of songs from movie soundtracks, bonus tracks, various artists compliations, and the like. Two of the songs, "The Dreaming Kind" and "Wouldn't Want to Be like You," were A-sides, but weren't big hits.

The other four songs are unreleased. One of them, "Dude I'm Still Alive," is kind of a jokey song making fun of rumors that she had died. It was done in the studio and put on the Internet. The other three unreleased songs are all from concert bootlegs, and are covers of classic songs ("Fire and Rain," "Go Your Own Way," and "New Kid in Town.").

There's one bonus track, another live cover of a classic song, "For What It's Worth." Unfortunately, the sound quality just wasn't good enough to put it with the other songs.

This album is 44 minutes long.

01 Dancing with Your Shadow (Sheryl Crow)
02 Embraceable You (Willie Nelson & Sheryl Crow)
03 Natural High (Sheryl Crow)
04 New Kid in Town (Sheryl Crow & Grace Potter)
05 Fire and Rain - Your Smiling Face (Sheryl Crow)
06 The Dreaming Kind (Sheryl Crow)
07 Dude, I'm Still Alive (Sheryl Crow)
08 I'm Tied to Ya (Rodney Crowell & Sheryl Crow)
09 Disappearing World (Sheryl Crow)
10 Go Your Own Way (Sheryl Crow)
11 Wouldn't Want to Be like You (Sheryl Crow with Annie Clark)

For What It's Worth (Sheryl Crow)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15931247/SherylC_2016-2018_ThDreamngKnd_atse.zip.html

Like the cover for the last album in this series, I got tired of album covers that were just photos of Sheryl Crow. So this time, I found some nice artwork that was part of one of her concert posters. That included her name at the top. As usual with posters, I had to crop the image to turn the rectangular shape into a square one. I added the album name at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment