Tuesday, January 24, 2023

The Style Council - BBC Sessions, Volume 1: 1983-1985

I've recently finished posting a bunch of albums of the Jam performing for the BBC. I'm moving through Paul Weller's music career, and he played for the BBC a heck of a lot. So his next band Style Council is up. Then I'll get to his long solo career.

I have enough material for three BBC volumes. This first one consists of studio sessions. The other two are concerts. This is an especially interesting listen because some of the sessions were acoustic in nature, and other than this, there is very little of that from this band.

Everything here is officially unreleased. The sound quality is generally pretty good, but variable. Some of the acoustic stuff sounds a bit rougher than the rest, but it's all listenable. I have "[Edit]" in the titles for a few of the acoustic songs because I used X-Minus audio editing software to boost the vocals.

There were a couple of songs done twice, and I've only included one version of each. However, I've added a second version of "Headstart for Happiness" as a bonus track. I figure that's worth hearing because it's an acoustic version, different from the other full band version. Yet the sound quality isn't as good as the other version, thus it only being a bonus track.

This album is 48 minutes long, not including the bonus track.

01 Micks Up [Instrumental] (Style Council)
02 The Paris Match (Style Council)
03 Here's One that Got Away (Style Council)
04 Headstart for Happiness (Style Council)
05 Le Depart [Instrumental] [Acoustic Version] (Style Council)
06 My Ever Changing Moods [Acoustic Version] [Edit] (Style Council)
07 Long Hot Summer [Acoustic Version] [Edit] (Style Council)
08 Mick’s Blessings [Instrumental] [Acoustic Version] (Style Council)
09 The Paris Match [Acoustic Version] [Edit] (Style Council)
10 [When You] Call Me (Style Council)
11 You're the Best Thing (Style Council)
12 The Lodgers (Style Council)
13 Homebreakers (Style Council)
14 A Stones Throw Away [Acoustic Version] (Style Council)

Headstart for Happiness [Edit] [Acoustic Version] (Style Council)

https://www.imagenetz.de/jkx34

I don't know exactly where or when the cover photo was taken, but judging by their clothes and hair styles, I think it was early in the band's existence.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a million for the Style Council stuff! I have all their other recordings...except this. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete