Monday, January 2, 2023

Belle & Sebastian - BBC Sessions, Volume 7: 2003-2004

Here's Volume 7 of Belle and Sebastian at the BBC. This one is just composed on BBC studio sessions.

To call this an album of BBC sessions is a bit of a stretch. Only the last four songs were actually done for the BBC. The rest were done for other radio shows. Most notably, the first five songs are from a session on the US radio show "Morning Becomes Eclectic."

Everything here is officially unreleased. But the sound quality is uniformly very good, because all the songs were done in the studio for radio sessions.

There were problems with three songs (the ones with "[Edit]" in their names. Each of these had strange glitches in them. I'm not sure what caused them, and I've rarely come across this exact problem before, but they sounded annoying. So I patched them up as well as I could, usually using material from other versions of the songs to fix trouble spots that were only a couple of seconds long. The problem was especially severe with "Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying," which had a bunch of trouble spots. I fixed most of them, but there are a couple minor glitches in instrumental sections that I couldn't fix due to other versions sounding too different during those sections.

This album is 46 minutes long.

01 Step into My Office, Baby [Edit] (Belle & Sebastian)
02 Scooby Driver (Belle & Sebastian)
03 [I Believe In] Travellin' Light (Belle & Sebastian)
04 Judy and the Dream of Horses [Edit] (Belle & Sebastian)
05 The State I Am In (Belle & Sebastian)
06 Stay Loose (Belle & Sebastian)
07 Ransomed by Tuesday (Belle & Sebastian)
08 Your Secrets (Belle & Sebastian)
09 Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying [Edit] (Belle & Sebastian)
10 Meat and Potatoes (Belle & Sebastian)
11 Frog in My Throat (Belle & Sebastian)
12 I Took a Long Hard Look (Belle & Sebastian)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15832465/BellenS_2003-2004_BBSessionsVolume7_atse.zip.html

The cover photo was taken at a concert held in Wembley Arena, in November 2004. I was only able to include three of the band members, due to them being spread out on stage. Even then, I used Photoshop to move them closer together.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Paul:
    First of all, thank you for all the work you do on this blog. I really appreciate the quantity and variety of music and the attention to detail (covers, info, tags, etc.). And now the bad news:
    I regret to inform you that the link for this album is broken and I would be very grateful if you could make it available again. Goodbye and thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete