Saturday, January 28, 2023

Sheryl Crow - The Songs and the Stories: Sheryl Crow's Chapel, Nashville, TN, 6-18-2021

Here's a Sheryl Crow acoustic home concert that was sent to me from someone who likes this blog just today. As such, it's gone straight to the top of my big pile of albums to post.

If I'd had this back in 2021, I wouldn't have posted it, because it originally was a pay-to-view kind of thing. But time has passed and it's not even available anymore. Plus, it's already been on YouTube and some other places.

This was from a time during the Covid pandemic when Crow was unable to play with her band or in front of audiences due to fears of spreading the disease. So she did this show in the solo acoustic mode. But it was a bit different from the usual acoustic concert in that she utilized a lot of equipment to help her out. She played a few songs on piano, a couple on bass, and the rest on guitar. She also used some basic backing tracks, such as a simple drum beat on a couple of songs. 

As you can guess from the title of the show, "The Songs and the Stories," this was designed to be much like the VH-1 Storytellers series, with lots of banter about nearly every song. Except she had no time limit, so it was a much longer concert than any Storytellers show I've heard of. This has a generous running time of an hour and forty minutes.

All the songs were written or co-written by Crow. The sound quality is excellent, and there were no problems needing fixing.

I still have lots of Crow's stray tracks albums to post as I continue to move forward through her career chronologically. But in the meantime, you can enjoy this one.

01 Run, Baby, Run (Sheryl Crow)
02 talk (Sheryl Crow)
03 Everyday Is a Winding Road (Sheryl Crow)
04 talk (Sheryl Crow)
05 Leaving Las Vegas (Sheryl Crow)
06 Strong Enough (Sheryl Crow)
07 talk (Sheryl Crow)
08 God Bless This Mess (Sheryl Crow)
09 Shine Over Babylon (Sheryl Crow)
10 talk (Sheryl Crow)
11 It Don't Hurt (Sheryl Crow)
12 talk (Sheryl Crow)
13 Riverwide (Sheryl Crow)
14 talk (Sheryl Crow)
15 Crazy Ain't Original (Sheryl Crow)
16 talk (Sheryl Crow)
17 My Favorite Mistake (Sheryl Crow)
18 talk (Sheryl Crow)
19 All I Wanna Do (Sheryl Crow)
20 talk (Sheryl Crow)
21 The Na-Na Song (Sheryl Crow)
22 talk (Sheryl Crow)
23 The Story of Everything (Sheryl Crow)
24 talk (Sheryl Crow)
25 Crash and Burn (Sheryl Crow)
26 talk (Sheryl Crow)
27 If It Makes You Happy (Sheryl Crow)
28 talk (Sheryl Crow)
29 Redemption Day (Sheryl Crow)
30 I Shall Believe (Sheryl Crow)

https://www.imagenetz.de/kGePE

The cover photo is a screenshot taken from this exact concert. I took the text at the top from an advertisement for the show, then turned it red. I added the text at the bottom.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this one! That said, zippyshare is next to impossible to download as it creates a zillion pop ups. I suggest you switch to https://krakenfiles.com/ I use it foir my blog - So Many Roads To Ease My Soul - and it works great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like your website and get music from it sometimes. But I remember trying to download something from a Kraken link there and had a lot of problems with it. Could that have been a rare case or something?

      Delete
  2. Hi there love the recent posts but struggling with link for Sheryl Crow

    ReplyDelete