Monday, January 2, 2023

Brandi Carlile - Cover Songs, Volume 7: 2020-2021

It's been a while since I posted cover albums by Brandi Carlile. I recently did a search for more, and found enough for two more volumes. This is Volume 7, and Volume 8 will follow soon.

All but four of the songs here have been officially released. Those four are: "Who Know Where the Time Goes," "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me," "Hard Candy Christmas," and "Blue." But those all sound very good, because they generally are from TV or radio station appearances. Note that "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" is only half of the song, because it was performed that was as part of a medley with other artists doing a tribute to Elton John.

The rest of the songs are from typical sources for this type of thing. There are A-sides (three of them), a B-side, a movie soundtrack song, songs from tribute albums, and a duet from an Elton John album.

I have a duet version of "Take Me Home, Country Roads" on Volume 2 in this series. This is a solo version done in an unusual style for this song.

This album is 53 minutes long.

Here's a list of the original artists for each song:

01 Who Know Where the Time Goes - Sandy Denny / Fairport Convention
02 A Beautiful Noise - Alicia Keys
03 Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver
04 Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - Elton John
05 We Belong - Pat Benatar
06 Rocket Man [I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time] - Elton John
07 Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
08 Searching with My Good Eye Closed - Soundgarden
09 I Remember Everything - John Prine
10 Run to Me - Bee Gees
11 Simple Things - Elton John
12 I Put a Spell on You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
13 Hard Candy Christmas - Carol Hall (first used in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas)
14 Blue - Joni Mitchell

Here's the usual song list:

01 Who Know Where the Time Goes (Brandi Carlile & Rufus Wainwright)
02 A Beautiful Noise (Alicia Keys & Brandi Carlile)
03 Take Me Home, Country Roads (Brandi Carlile)
04 Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me (Brandi Carlile)
05 We Belong (Brandi Carlile)
06 Rocket Man [I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time] (Brandi Carlile & Sheryl Crow)
07 Black Hole Sun (Brandi Carlile)
08 Searching with My Good Eye Closed (Brandi Carlile)
09 I Remember Everything (Brandi Carlile)
10 Run to Me (Barry Gibb & Brandi Carlile)
11 Simple Things (Elton John & Brandi Carlile)
12 I Put a Spell on You (Brandi Carlile & Renee Elise Goldsberry)
13 Hard Candy Christmas (Brandi Carlile)
14 Blue (Brandi Carlile)

UPDATE: On January 28, 2023, I updated the mp3 download file. I added two songs I'd previously missed, "We Belong" and "Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time)."

https://www.upload.ee/files/15100183/BrandiC_2020-2021_CoverSongsVolume7_atse.zip.html

The cover photo is from a rehearsal for a TV show filmed in December 2021.

1 comment: