Monday, January 2, 2023

The Posies - Burn and Shine - Acoustic Radio Station Performances (1987-1993)

I'm a big fan of the Posies. I think they are very underrated. I posted one album of their music back in April 2018, but then failed to follow up. I'll try to post more soon.

Since I'm a big fan of acoustic music, I especially appreciate their acoustic performances, which highlight their great harmonies. All of the songs here were done with just the acoustic duo of Jon Auer and Ken Stringfellow, the band's two singers and songwriters. Most of them are from in person radio station appearances. But the first song is from a concert, and tracks five and six are demos made for their record company.

All of the performances here are unreleased, with two exceptions. Tracks one and ten come from the band's box set, "At Least, at Last."

I've had this album in my music collection, and I've always called it "Burn and Shine," after one of my favorite songs by them. So I've kept that title here.

This album is 44 minutes long.

01 Believe in Something Other [Than Yourself] (Posies)
02 I May Hate You Sometimes (Posies)
03 Compliment (Posies)
04 Suddenly Mary (Posies)
05 Everyone Moves Away (Posies)
06 You Avoid Parties (Posies)
07 Any Other Way (Posies)
08 Flavor of the Month (Posies)
09 Earlier than Expected (Posies)
10 Burn and Shine (Posies)
11 Solar Sister (Posies)
12 Dream All Day (Posies)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15271501/TPosies_1987-1993_BurnShneAcoustcRdioStationPerformances_atse.zip.html

I wanted a photo of just the band's two key members, Jon Auer and Ken Stringfellow, since they're the only two performing on these songs. I couldn't find any from the right time period. However, I did find a good group photo from 1993. I then used Photoshop to crop out one band member, and then edited out another who happened to be standing between Auer and Stringfellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment