Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Brandi Carlile - Cover Songs, Volume 8: 2022

Here's yet another volume of Brandi Carlile singing cover songs. This takes us close to the present day (as I write this in January 2023), but I already have some songs for a Volume 9.

All the songs here are officially unreleased. Carlile sings so many cover versions that I've been able to up my sound quality standards. I left a bunch of songs off this that merely sounded okay. For instance, she's done "Rocket Man" by Elton John many times, but I have yet to find a high quality version. Hopefully she'll keep doing sounds like that so I can include them on future volumes.

Everything here was done live in concert. Some of these are from TV or radio station appearances, which helped with the sound quality.

This album is 48 minutes long.

Here's a list of the original artists for each song:

01 The Rose - Bette Midler
02 Angel - Sarah McLachlan
03 Space Oddity - David Bowie
04 Creep - Radiohead
05 Woodstock - Joni Mitchell
06 You're Not Alone - Allison Russell
07 Madman Across the Water - Elton John
08 It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World - James Brown
09 If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow

Here's the usual song list:

01 The Rose (Wynonna Judd & Brandi Carlile)
02 Angel (Brandi Carlile & Sarah McLachlan)
03 Space Oddity (Brandi Carlile with Celisse Henderson)
04 Creep (Brandi Carlile with Celisse Henderson)
05 Woodstock (Brandi Carlile)
06 You're Not Alone (Allison Russell & Brandi Carlile)
07 Madman Across the Water (Brandi Carlile)
08 It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World (Brandi Carlile & Brittany Howard)
09 If It Makes You Happy (Brandi Carlile)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15904427/BrandiC_2022_CovrSongsVolume8_atse.zip.html

The cover photo was taken at a concert in Los Angeles in March 2022.

2 comments:

  1. These are all awesome - thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a fan of Brandi Carlile but I haven't been exposed either. After her work with Joni Mitchell I thought I would try Vol. 8., and wow, her voice is pretty amazing and her band rocks. Thank you Paul, I don't think I would have ever listened to her.

    ReplyDelete