Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Sheryl Crow - Tomorrow Never Dies - Non-Album Tracks (1997)

This album starts with "Tomorrow Never Dies," the hit song from the James Bond movie of the same name. But after that song, the vast majority are covers of classics from earlier eras, such as "Don't Cry No Tears," a Neil Young song, the Beatles hit "Ticket to Ride," and "The Last Time" from the Rolling Stones. All three of those are duets with Jakob Dylan from the Wallflowers. Furthermore, there's "Do Right Woman, Do Right Man," a duet of the Aretha Franklin hit with Adam Duritz of the Counting Crows, "Money (That's What I Want)," and "Love Me," made famous by Elvis Presley.

I'm happy to say that all these songs sound great, even though they're all from concert bootlegs. Most come from pristine soundboard recordings. The other songs are studio tracks, so their sound is just as good.

This album is 45 minutes long.

UPDATE: On May 18, 2020, I updated the mp3 download file. I found a song I'd missed, "Brand New Heartache." In addition, I changed the version of "Ticket to Ride." Both the old and new versions are soundboard bootlegs of duet with Jakob Dylan, but for the new version I know the actual date and location it was recorded, whereas I didn't with the old one.

01 Tomorrow Never Dies (Sheryl Crow)
02 Blue Christmas (Sheryl Crow)
03 Don't Cry No Tears (Sheryl Crow & Jakob Dylan)
04 The Last Time (Sheryl Crow & Jakob Dylan)
05 Ticket to Ride (Sheryl Crow & Jakob Dylan)
06 Brand New Heartache (Sheryl Crow & Emmylou Harris) 
07 Do Right Woman, Do Right Man (Sheryl Crow & Adam Duritz)
08 Pale Blue Eyes (Sheryl Crow & Emmylou Harris)
09 What's Going On (Los Lobos & Sheryl Crow)
10 Money [That's What I Want] (Sheryl Crow)
11 Love Me (Sheryl Crow)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15852412/SherylC_1997_TomorrowNevrDies_atse.zip.html

For the album cover, I used the cover of the "Tomorrow Never Dies" single. But I used Photoshop to remove a big James Bond logo that was behind the text that still remains.

4 comments:

  1. Hello. thanx for all the hard work you do here. THANK YOU.
    the link is wrong it is the 1994 You Want More - Various Songs
    can yoou fix it ? thanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for this! I will enjoy with Happy and The Last Time.

    ReplyDelete