Saturday, January 25, 2020

Rosanne Cash - Land of Dreams - Non-Album Tracks (2012-2013)

In my opinion, Rosanne Cash can pretty much do no wrong. Anything she sings, I like. So here's another album of her stray tracks. This one just covers the years 2012 and 2013.

There's a fairly wide variety of songs here, but they're all tied together by Cash's voice. I think a few of the songs are originals. For instance, "Land of Dreams," a song she was commissioned to write and sing by the US government for a commercial to promote tourism to the US, believe it or not. But most of the songs are covers, including "Biloxi," my favorite Jesse Winchester song, and two songs made famous by Woody Guthrie ("I Ain't Got No Home" and "Pretty Boy Floyd").

All of the songs are officially released this time around, though they come from all sorts of different sources. One song, "Jim and George," which I think is another original, even comes from an extremely hard to find Internet-only download for a local charity. But the bottom line is that all the songs have great sound quality.

01 Lonesome River (Rosanne Cash)
02 Land of Dreams (Rosanne Cash with Los Lobos & Bebel Gilberto)
03 Look at Me (Rosanne Cash)
04 Biloxi (Rosanne Cash)
05 Sister to Sister (Rosanne Cash)
06 As Close as I Came to Being Right (Rhett Miller & Rosanne Cash)
07 Please Don't Tell Me How the Story Ends (Willie Nelson & Rosanne Cash)
08 You Don't Know Me (Rosanne Cash)
09 I Ain't Got No Home (Rosanne Cash)
10 Pretty Boy Floyd (Rosanne Cash)
11 Jim and George (Rosanne Cash)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16061192/RosanneC_2012-2013_LandofDrms_atse.zip.html

For the cover art, I found a publicity photo of Cash from 2012. She was standing against a white wall, which I thought was boring, so I added a more interesting background.

No comments:

Post a Comment