Thursday, January 23, 2020

More File Sharing Problems

After the Zippyshare file sharing service mysteriously stopped working for me about five days ago, I switched to Yandex. It turns out there's a big problem with them in that they only allow a certain number of downloads a day, and since this blog has grown in popularity, those limits get reached pretty quickly. Then you can only still access their files if you have a Yandex account, or you wait until the download limit expires.

Strangely, Zippyshare resumed working for me today. I have no idea why. But I'm taking advantage by adding Zippyshare links to all the Yandex ones. That said, I understand Zippyshare has stopped working in a bunch of European countries (Britain, Italy, Spain, Germany, and Denmark), and that problem seems to be getting worse instead of going away. So I'll be looking around for some better options. I may still use Yandex links a bit - their links don't expire from lack of use, while Zippyshare ones do after 30 days, so they would be good for less popular albums. But it seems Yandex isn't the main solution I was looking for. As always, I'm open to suggestions.

By the way, whatever happens, remember that I'm sharing all the albums I post here through the Soulseek file sharing program. I have an account there with the name albumsthatshouldexist. So you can always try that if nothing else is working.

2 comments:

  1. I have found that zippyshare has problems with adblockers. I turned off the adblocker I was using and all functions returned to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) Maybe you could try this ? http://dl.free.fr/ or Mega.nz ?
    By the way, thanks for what you share with us !

    ReplyDelete