Friday, November 23, 2018

Robyn Hitchcock - Queen Elvis - Acoustic Versions (1989)

It's time to post another Robyn Hitchcock album.

Usually, I have two albums for every officially released album, one of stray tracks from that time period, and one of acoustic versions of the songs from the official albums. In 1989, Hitchcock released the excellent "Queen Elvis" album. I already released the stray tracks (as "Mr Thrusty's Fruit Club"), so this is the acoustic versions album.

As it happens, I was able to find acoustic versions of nine out of ten songs on the "Queen Elvis" album. (The one is missed is "Knife.") I also found a version of one of the songs from the stray tracks album I made of the time, so I added that towards the end. (It's the cover song "Polly on the Shore.")

Note that I'm not sure about the song "Consider Her Ways." That would seem the logical title based on the lyrics, but the only other time he played the song other than this one that I know of was for a radio show where he introduced it as "Mr. Thrusty's Fruit Club." I'd assumed that was a joke name, but if you listen to the lyrics a "Mr. Thrusty" actually does get mentioned, though a fruit club does not. So maybe that's the real name, who knows. I've included that as an alternate title.

01 Madonna of the Wasps (Robyn Hitchcock)
02 The Devil's Coachman (Robyn Hitchcock)
03 Wax Doll (Robyn Hitchcock)
04 Swirling (Robyn Hitchcock)
05 One Long Pair of Eyes (Robyn Hitchcock)
06 Veins of the Queen (Robyn Hitchcock)
07 Freeze [Solo Electric Version] (Robyn Hitchcock)
08 You've Got (Robyn Hitchcock)
09 Superman (Robyn Hitchcock)
10 Polly on the Shore (Robyn Hitchcock)
11 Consider Her Ways [Mr. Thrusty's Fruit Club] (Robyn Hitchcock)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15271919/RobynH_1989_QueenElvAcousticVersions_atse.zip.html


I made the album cover from an obscure Hitchcock compilation from 1989 called "Chronology." I changed the text at the bottom, of the name of the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment