Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Paul Weller - BBC Sessions, Volume 3: In Concert, Glastonbury Festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, Britain, 6-25-1994

I've previously stated that Paul Weller has performed for the BBC many times. There are so many that I'm only going to post about every other full length BBC concert he did. Most of the ones I didn't include are on the digital 13 disc version of his "At the BBC" box set. I skipped a 1992 concert to post this one.

I believe I've previously mentioned that Weller's 1993 studio album "Wild Wood" is my favorite solo album by him. So it goes without saying that I think this is a great concert. 

Weirdly, this one was not included in that "At the BBC" box set, not even the 13 CD version. However, it is very similar to his 1994 live album "Live Wood." It's mostly the same songs, and has a similar length. However, that album was compiled from a bunch of concerts. I much prefer full concerts like this one without overdubs and messing with the song order and such.

Although this is officially unreleased, the sound quality is up to the usual high BBC standards. However, the lead vocals were a bit low, so I boosted them using the UVR5 audio editing program. I especially boosted the vocals of his banter between songs (although there's not much of that).

This concert is an hour and 19 minutes long.

01 The Weaver (Paul Weller)
02 Has My Fire Really Gone Out (Paul Weller)
03 Bull-Rush - Magic Bus (Paul Weller)
04 This Is No Time (Paul Weller)
05 Out of the Sinking (Paul Weller)
06 Remember How We Started - Dominoes (Paul Weller)
07 Above the Clouds (Paul Weller)
08 Hung Up (Paul Weller)
09 talk (Paul Weller)
10 Sunflower (Paul Weller)
11 talk (Paul Weller)
12 Wild Wood (Paul Weller)
13 talk (Paul Weller)
14 Can You Heal Us [Holy Man] - War (Paul Weller)
15 talk (Paul Weller)
16 5th Season (Paul Weller)
17 You Do Something to Me (Paul Weller)
18 Into Tomorrow (Paul Weller)
19 Foot of the Mountain (Paul Weller)
20 talk (Paul Weller)
21 Shadow of the Sun (Paul Weller)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16072644/PaulW_1994_BBSessonsVolum3InConcrtGlastnbryFestivl__6-25-1994_atse.zip.html

The cover photo comes from this exact concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment