Monday, November 2, 2020

Norah Jones - Home Concerts 11, New York City, 9-10-2020 to 9-27-2020

For the past couple of days, I've put Norah Jones on a fast track, posting one of her home concert albums each day. That's so I don't fall more and more behind, since she consistently does a mini-concert every single week. Here's the latest. I'm getting closer to the present day as I write this on November 1, 2020, but I should have another one for tomorrow as well.

Once again, there's not much for me to say. If you've liked the other albums in this series, you should like this one too. She focuses on playing piano this time, and the mix of the piano and her voice is better than last time. As usual, she mostly does original songs from her albums. But she does a nice cover of the all-time classic "Amazing Grace," which I don't think she's ever played in public before.

This time around, the total length is 52 minutes.

01 Toes (Norah Jones)
02 talk (Norah Jones)
03 It’s a Wonderful Time for Love (Norah Jones)
04 talk (Norah Jones)
05 Out on the Road Again (Norah Jones)
06 Lovesick Blues (Norah Jones)
07 Straight Up (Norah Jones)
08 The Sun Doesn’t Like You (Norah Jones)
09 Heartache (Norah Jones)
10 Cold, Cold Heart (Norah Jones)
11 Flame Twin (Norah Jones)
12 Amazing Grace (Norah Jones)
13 Take It Away (Norah Jones)
14 Street Stranger (Norah Jones)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15849019/NorahJ_2020_HomeCncerts11__9-10-2020_to_9-27-2020_atse.zip.html

Once again, I didn't want to have the same ol' same old photo of Jones sitting at her piano for the album cover. I came across a nice photo of her taken recently for the cover of "Downbeat Magazine." So I stripped all the usual magazine headline text from around it and used that.

4 comments:

  1. hey. there's a missing performance of DON'T KNOW WHY after STREET STRANGER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's the case, it's because she did it on an earlier home concert. I have her doing it on my volume 5 in this series. I'm trying to avoid all repeats. That said, I should probably have it as a bonus track for this one.

      Delete
    2. thanks for the explanation.

      Delete