Monday, November 2, 2020

Lucinda Williams - Salt of the Earth - Non-Album Tracks (2011)

Here's the next in my series of stray tracks albums for Lucinda Williams. If you like the other ones, you'll be sure to like this one too, because it's a particularly strong one, in my opinion.

Unlike the last album in this series, there aren't many covers of famous songs. The exceptions are "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" by Bob Dylan,"Dedicated to the One I Love" by the Five Royales, the Mamas and the Papas and many others, "If We Make It through December" by Merle Haggard, and "Salt of the Earth" by the Rolling Stones. "When I Get like This" is another Five Royales cover, but much less well known. Frankly, I'm not sure how many of the others are covers or originals. If you know, please let me know.

Nearly all of the songs have been officially released, usually on various artists compilations or from Williams dueting on other people's albums. The only two unreleased songs are the last two. Both of them are taken from a soundcheck before a concert, so they sound very good and don't have any crowd noise.

This album is 46 minutes long.

01 When I Get like This (Lucinda Williams with Steve Cropper)
02 Dedicated to the One I Love (Lucinda Williams with Steve Cropper & Steve Winwood)
03 Undamned (Over the Rhine with Lucinda Williams)
04 I'm So Happy I Found You (Lucinda Williams)
05 Clear Blue Eyes (Amos Lee & Lucinda Williams)
06 If I Can't Have You (Blackie & the Rodeo Kings & Lucinda Williams)
07 Moment of Fame (Lucinda Williams & Son of the Velvet Rat)
08 White Patch of Canvas (Lucinda Williams & Son of the Velvet Rat)
09 A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall (Tom Russell & Lucinda Williams)
10 If We Make It through December (Lucinda Williams)
11 Salt of the Earth (Lucinda Williams)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15191537/LucndaWllms_2011_SltoftheErth_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo was taken at a concert in Louisville, Kentucky, in 2011.

5 comments:

  1. Besides the first two tracks being switched, is this the same volume as was issued in July-ish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I posted the wrong album. I just fixed it. Thanks a lot for quickly pointing that out.

      Delete
  2. All your collections of Lucinda's songs are great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Moonlight Mile is a beatiful song

    ReplyDelete