Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Larkin Poe - Home Concert, Nashville, TN, 11-21-2020

A couple of days ago, as I write this, Larkin Poe released their latest studio album, "Kindred Spirits." Unlike their previous albums made of originals, this one consists entirely of cover versions, done acoustically. It closely follows their great "Tip 'O the Hat" YouTube series. I've posted all of the songs from that long series as I'm able to gather them into albums. Some of the songs on their new album have been done in that series, but some are new.

Anyway, to promote their new album, Larkin Poe performed a home concert right when the album was released. The full home concert is over an hour long, and is available on YouTube under the name "Larkin Poe Release Party." I've edited that show way down for this album, because about half of that consisted of question and answer sessions that don't have much repeat listening value. If you want to hear all that, I recommend listening at YouTube.

Instead, I've cut the show down to just the music, plus the talking that is directly relevant to the songs they played. All the songs they played are on their new album but one ("Come On in My Kitchen"). But there are only six songs here from the album and the album contains 11 songs in total, so I hope this will spur you to get the album.

This concert is fairly short, at 28 minutes, but that's all there was to the concert that I felt made for a good listen.

01 talk (Larkin Poe)
02 Bell Bottom Blues (Larkin Poe)
03 talk (Larkin Poe)
04 Who Do You Love (Larkin Poe)
05 talk (Larkin Poe)
06 Nights in White Satin (Larkin Poe)
07 talk (Larkin Poe)
08 Rockin' in the Free World (Larkin Poe)
09 talk (Larkin Poe)
10 Crocodile Rock (Larkin Poe)
11 talk (Larkin Poe)
12 Come On in My Kitchen (Larkin Poe)
13 talk (Larkin Poe)
14 Take What You Want (Larkin Poe)
15 talk (Larkin Poe)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15181822/LarkinP_2020g_HmeConcrtNshvilleTN__11-21-2020_atse.zip.html

The album cover is a screenshot I took from the YouTube video of the exact concert in question.

2 comments:

  1. I can't thank you enough for introducing me to this band!! Downloaded most of your posts and all their albums!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. This one looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete