Monday, September 30, 2024

Sheryl Crow - VH-1 Storytellers, Sony Music Studios, New York City, 8-20-1998

Here we go again with another "VH-1 Storytellers" episode. This time, it's Sheryl Crow.

As an aside, I believed this is the 52nd album from this TV show that I've posted so far. I have about ten more to go, so we're entering the final stretch. That's out of nearly 100 episodes. There are a handful more I'd like to post except I can't find the music for them, and there are still others that have been officially released in full or are of musical acts that I really don't like. 

About a month after this concert, Crow released her third studio album, "The Globe Sessions." This would go on to be a big seller, selling about two million copies in the U.S. alone. 

As you'd expect, she played songs from her latest album. But only two were broadcast on the TV show: "My Favorite Mistake" and "Riverwide." I would assume she played more that got edited out.

There were two surprises in this concert. One, she performed the 1960s classic hit "Ode to Billy Joe," which she has never officially released. And two, she was joined by Fleetwood Mac star Stevie Nicks for the song "Strong Enough." Apparently, Crow and Nicks are good friends and have occasionally appeared on each other's albums. Everything from this album is unreleased, except for the "Strong Enough" duet, which appeared on a various artists compilation of Storytellers performances.

As is usually the case with this series, the broadcast of first song began midway through. In most cases, I've managed to find a similar version and fill in the missing portion. I tried to do that again here, with "Everyday Is a Winding Road." Unfortunately, the other versions I found from around this time had somewhat different arrangements. It was enough of a difference so I couldn't make a good match. So I had to leave it incomplete.

This album is 46 minutes long.

01 Everyday Is a Winding Road [Edit] (Sheryl Crow)
02 talk (Sheryl Crow)
03 If It Makes You Happy (Sheryl Crow)
04 talk (Sheryl Crow)
05 My Favorite Mistake (Sheryl Crow)
06 talk (Sheryl Crow)
07 Ode to Billy Joe (Sheryl Crow)
08 talk (Sheryl Crow)
09 Riverwide (Sheryl Crow)
10 talk (Sheryl Crow)
11 Strong Enough (Sheryl Crow & Stevie Nicks)
12 talk (Sheryl Crow)
13 All I Want to Do (Sheryl Crow)
14 Leaving Las Vegas (Sheryl Crow)
15 talk (Sheryl Crow)
16 Home (Sheryl Crow)

https://www.upload.ee/files/17184618/SHERYLCRW1998StrytllrsSnyMsicStdosNwYrkC__8-20-1998_atse.zip.html

alternate:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/fKcWWMwg

I couldn't find a good photo from this exact concert for the cover image. So instead I used a photo taken at a concert at Wembley Arena in London on December 10, 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment