Monday, September 23, 2024

My Morning Jacket - VH-1 Storytellers, VH-1 Storytellers Studio, New York City, 6-3-2011

Next up with "VH-1 Storytellers" is My Morning Jacket.

My Morning Jacket is a band led by singer-songwriter Jim James. They haven't sold as many albums as most of the other artists on the Storytellers TV show, nor have their had big hits. But they've developed a sizeable devoted following, and have been critically praised. Personally, I haven't really gotten into their music, but they're worthy of this post, since I'm trying to post all the Storytellers episodes I can find that I deem at least decent.

This concert took place just after the release of the album "Circuital," the band's sixth studio album. However, only two of songs here, "Circuital" and "Movin Away," are from that album.

Most Storytellers episodes I've found are about 45 minutes in length. This one is about half an hour longer, which is still not long enough for a double episode. So probably a bootleg included some or all of the other songs the band performed. The sound quality is excellent, as usual for these episodes.

This album is an hour and 16 minutes long.

01 Wordless Chorus (My Morning Jacket)
02 talk (My Morning Jacket)
03 Golden (My Morning Jacket)
04 talk (My Morning Jacket)
05 The Way that He Sings (My Morning Jacket)
06 talk (My Morning Jacket)
07 Gideon (My Morning Jacket)
08 talk (My Morning Jacket)
09 Circuital (My Morning Jacket)
10 talk (My Morning Jacket)
11 Movin Away (My Morning Jacket)
12 talk (My Morning Jacket)
13 Dondante (My Morning Jacket)
14 talk (My Morning Jacket)
15 Smokin' from Shootin' (My Morning Jacket)
16 talk (My Morning Jacket)
17 Wonderful [The Way I Feel] (My Morning Jacket)
18 talk (My Morning Jacket)
19 One Big Holiday (My Morning Jacket)

https://www.upload.ee/files/17153996/MYMORNNGJACKT2011StrytllrsStrytllrsStdoNwYrkC__6-3-2011_atse.zip.html

alternate link:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/jKdzJ1zo

The cover is from this exact concert. I chose this one to highlight just how small the audience was.

No comments:

Post a Comment