Monday, September 2, 2024

John Fogerty - VH-1 Storytellers, VH-1 Storytellers Studio, New York City, 6-11-1997

Here's another Storytellers episode, one of my favorites, by John Fogerty.

In 1997, Fogerty put on an excellent new studio album, "Blue Moon Swamp." It was his first new album in 11 years, and he went on tour to support it. Luckily for us, that included recording a Storytellers episode. For most of the show, he stuck to a solo acoustic mode. But he was joined by a bassist on "Green River," and then a full band from "A Hundred and Ten in the Shade" to the end of the show. Mostly, he did versions of his Creedence Clearwater Revival classics, with only two songs from his new album ("A Hundred and Ten in the Shade" and "Joy of My Life").

I've had this album in my music collection for a long time. When I made it way back when, I added in two songs from an appearance on the "Late Night with David Letterman" TV show just a few days earlier. They fit in very well, since neither of those songs repeated any of them from the Storytellers show. They are unreleased, just like everything else here.

There was a low hum running through nearly the entire recording. I was able to get rid of most of it using the UVR5 audio editing program.

This album is 50 minutes long. Not including the two extra songs at the end, the Storytellers portion is 44 minutes long.

As an aside, note that when I posted these Storytellers albums today, I also redid the cover art for the ones I'd previously posted: Phil Collins, ZZ Top, Natalie Merchant, and Tom Petty. Now, I'll have the same font type and color for all the album covers in this series moving forward. I also created a new label, "Storyteller Series." So if you want to grab those that were posted before, just click on the side link with that label to get to them all. (The Petty one had been taken down due to copyright issues with all of his music in general, but I'm giving it another try for this one album.)

01 Lookin' Out My Back Door [Incomplete] (John Fogerty)
02 talk (John Fogerty)
03 Proud Mary (John Fogerty)
04 talk (John Fogerty)
05 Lodi (John Fogerty)
06 talk (John Fogerty)
07 Bad Moon Rising (John Fogerty)
08 talk (John Fogerty)
09 Who'll Stop the Rain (John Fogerty)
10 talk (John Fogerty)
11 Born on the Bayou (John Fogerty)
12 talk (John Fogerty)
13 Green River (John Fogerty)
14 talk (John Fogerty)
15 A Hundred and Ten in the Shade (John Fogerty)
16 talk (John Fogerty)
17 Joy of My Life (John Fogerty)
18 talk (John Fogerty)
19 Centerfield (John Fogerty)
20 Walking in a Hurricane (John Fogerty)
21 Fortunate Son (John Fogerty)

https://www.upload.ee/files/17053512/JOHNFGRTY1997StrytllrsStrytllrsStdoNwYrkC__6-11-1997_atse.zip.html

alternate link:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ucR9JP6n

The cover is a screenshot taken from a video of this exact concert. It's a bit rough, but oh well.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paul
    Many,Many Thanks for such a great blog with incredible choice of music !!!!!!! It's given me much pleasure.
    with Ray Davies I couldn't download "well respected man (reprise)" and with John Fogerty (VH1) there were three tracks that wouldn't download (1, 15 and 20)
    ? any way that can be sorted ?
    Best wishes Barrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what your problem is. I just tried downloading the zips and listening to those songs, and they worked fine. But one thing I noticed is that all the ones you mention have the longest song titles on the albums. Perhaps there's something about the way you're downloading them that has issues with long song titles?

      Delete
    2. Thanks Paul All sorted
      while I'm here, Many Thanks again. I must have downloaded at least 90% of your offerings in the last few years. They are amongst my favourites
      (Any chance of some Dion Dimucci ?)

      Delete