Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Sarah McLachlan - VH-1 Storytellers, Sony Music Studios, New York City, 1-29-1998

The flood of "VH-1 Storytellers" episodes continues. This time, it's singer-songwriter Sarah McLachlan. 

I like McLachlan's music. I have long wanted to post an album by her, but she's not very prolific, so there hasn't been a lot to work with. So I'm glad to at least post this.

This concert took place about six months after the release of McLachlan's 1997 album "Surfacing." It was the best selling album of her career, selling eight million copies in the U.S. alone. In 1999, she would release the live album "Mirrorball." It would contain most of the same songs here (though not all). However, this performance has a more stripped down sound, and also has all the banter between songs that the "Storytellers" TV show is famous for.

 Five of the songs here are from the "Surfacing" album: "Building a Mystery," "Sweet Surrender," "Adia," "Witness," and "Angel." The rest are from her previous albums.

As usual for this TV show, the first song started half-way through. Most of the time, I was able to find a similar version to fill in the missing part. But in this case I couldn't find a good enough match. If someone else can fix it, I would be very happy to add that in.

This album is 55 minutes long.

01 Good Enough [Incomplete] (Sarah McLachlan)
02 talk (Sarah McLachlan)
03 Building a Mystery (Sarah McLachlan)
04 talk (Sarah McLachlan)
05 Ice Cream (Sarah McLachlan)
06 talk (Sarah McLachlan)
07 Sweet Surrender (Sarah McLachlan)
08 talk (Sarah McLachlan)
09 Hold On (Sarah McLachlan)
10 talk (Sarah McLachlan)
11 Elsewhere (Sarah McLachlan)
12 talk (Sarah McLachlan)
13 Possession (Sarah McLachlan)
14 talk (Sarah McLachlan)
15 Adia (Sarah McLachlan)
16 talk (Sarah McLachlan)
17 Witness (Sarah McLachlan)
18 talk (Sarah McLachlan)
19 Angel (Sarah McLachlan)

https://www.upload.ee/files/17153988/SARHMCLCHLN1998StrytllrsSnyMsicStdosNwYrkC__1-29-1998_atse.zip.html

alternate link:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/H94aWdME

The cover image is a screenshot I took from this exact concert.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks very much. These VH1 shows are very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for all the thanks. I agree. And I'm surprised at how hard to find most of them are. I'm hoping my posts will change that.

      By the way, in case you're curious, there's no rhyme or reason for the order that I'm posting these. I still have about 30 more to go!

      Delete