Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Various Artists - Mike’s Mixes - Uncovered Classics, Volume 1 (1964-2006) (A MIKE SOLOF GUEST POST)

Here's another collection of unique mixes by guest poster Mike Solof. I'll let him describe what it's about.

---

It’s Mike. You might know me from my series of Uncovered Beatles tracks. I’m back and starting a whole new series of non-Beatles cuts that I’m calling Uncovered Classics. The series will feature some of my remixes of classic tracks that I know and love and grew up listening to on my old FM radio. I own a broad spectrum of music that I have collected over the past 40 years. This new series will focus on some of my favorite songs, mostly well-known classics, but also a few you might not be familiar with.

As with my Beatles series, the thing I enjoy most is using modern tech to rip apart the commercially released tracks you know by heart… and find all the cool stuff that is hiding in the cracks and crevices deep, deep within. The buried gems, the treasures you never usually get a chance to hear because they had been buried deep in the mix under all those other “bothersome” instruments and vocals... until now!

Below is a brief track by track summary of what I've included in my intro into this new series. Please read the PDF file included in the download zip for more information, including song by song details.

This album is an hour and one minute long.

01 Long Train Runnin' [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Doobie Brothers)
02 Exposure [2020 Mike’s Mix] (Robert Fripp)
03 Bedspring Kiss [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Jellyfish)
04 Fly Me to the Moon [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Frank Sinatra)
05 Borderline [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Madonna)
06 Ramble On [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Led Zeppelin)
07 Slip Kid [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Who)
08 Lone Jack [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Pat Metheny Group)
09 Once in a Lifetime [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Talking Heads)
10 Thick as a Brick [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Jethro Tull)
11 Seven Bridges Road [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Eagles)
12 You Know My Name [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Chris Cornell)
13 Relax [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Frankie Goes to Hollywood)
14 Bohemian Rhapsody [2024 Mike’s Mix] (Queen)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16329866/VA-MikesMixsUncverdClsscsVlum1_atse.zip.html

Paul here again. I don't know what's going on with the cover art. A Mike self portrait, maybe?! Perhaps he can explain.

3 comments:

  1. Such a diverse grouping of songs; I gotta check this out! Thanks, G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same comment. Curiosity will have me checking this out !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Michael "under the cover" and he will soon "uncover" himself to present his amazing gifts to the world! Like a knife ... or maybe his secret to immortality which survives eveything except (SPOILER ALERT) a woodchip cutter.

    ReplyDelete