Thursday, July 27, 2023

Sinead O'Connor - BBC Sessions, Volume 1: In Concert, Hammersmith Odeon, London, Britain, 4-24-1990

As I write this on July 27, 2023, Irish singer-songwriter Sinead O'Connor died yesterday. She was 56 years old, and the cause of her death was not disclosed. Due to her death, someone asked me today if I could post some of her music as part of my big BBC project. It so happens that I already had two BBC concerts that she did in my big pile of music to be processed and then posted here. So I processed it today, and here it is. I hope to post the other one soon.

This concert took place at the peak of her commercial success, due to the international Number One hit "Nothing Compares 2 U." Not surprisingly, in this concert she played that song, as well as many other songs from her 1990 "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got." The rest generally come from her one previous album at the time, "The Lion and the Cobra."

The sound quality of this album was pretty good, but not as great as one usually gets from BBC broadcasts. However, I analyzed the music and saw the vocals were rather low in the mix. So I used the UVR5 audio editing program to boost the vocals relative to the instruments. I think it sounds much better now.

This album is one hour long.

01 Feel So Different (Sinead O'Connor)
02 The Emperor's New Clothes (Sinead O'Connor)
03 I Want Your [Hands on Me] (Sinead O'Connor)
04 You Cause So Much Sorrow (Sinead O'Connor)
05 Three Babies (Sinead O'Connor)
06 Black Boys on Mopeds (Sinead O'Connor)
07 Last Day of Our Acquaintance (Sinead O'Connor)
08 Nothing Compares 2 U (Sinead O'Connor)
09 Jump in the River (Sinead O'Connor)
10 Jerusalem (Sinead O'Connor)
11 Mandinka (Sinead O'Connor)
12 Troy (Sinead O'Connor)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15571282/SineadOC_1990_BBSessionsVolum1InConcrtHammrsmithOdeonLondnBrtain__4-24-1990_atse.zip.html

I got lucky with the cover photo. It appears to be from this exact concert. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Paul, such a shame that someone who's outspoken comments at the time proved to be correct has passed so young. May she have peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I'll look forward to listening to this.

    ReplyDelete