Monday, July 31, 2023

Beck - Morning Becomes Eclectic, Apogee Studios, Santa Monica, CA, 4-16-2014

Here's yet another one of Beck's performances for the KCRW radio show "Morning Becomes Eclectic." There are at least two more coming after this.

According to setlist.fm, Beck actually played a concert of 15 songs in front of an audience. But for whatever reason, KCRW only played seven of them on the radio. If anyone has any of the other songs, please let me know and I'll add them in.

Beck was there to promote his 2014 album "Morning Phase." All the songs except "Soldier Jane" and "Lost Cause" come from that album.

This album is pretty short. But as I've said before, there aren't a lot of soundboard level live recordings of him. These KCRW shows have him performing his songs with the highest sound quality.

This album is 27 minutes long.

01 Blackbird Chain (Beck)
02 Soldier Jane (Beck)
03 Don't Let It Go (Beck)
04 Waking Light (Beck)
05 Country Down (Beck)
06 Lost Cause (Beck)
07 Blue Moon (Beck)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15520058/BeckH_2014_MornngBecomesEclecticSntaBrbraCA__4-16-2014_atse.zip.html

The cover photo is from this exact concert.

5 comments:

  1. once again, fab work. you are appreciated, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be a know-it-all, but "Blue Moon" is also from Morning Phase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant "Lost Cause" instead of "Blue Moon." I just fixed it.

      Delete
  3. I thought this would interest you.
    https://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/music-special/beck-live-1993-odelay-loser-mbe-30th-annniversary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thanks. Just yesterday I decided that since I'm posting so many of his KCRW shows, I should post the 1993 to 1996 ones too. I have the audio already, but I found a good photo of him at that link you gave I can use for cover art.

      Delete