Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Morgan James - Home Concert, New York City, 7-1-2020

This is starting to get embarrassing, but it looks like I still have some home concert recordings from the height of the Covid pandemic back in 2020 and 2021. I don't know why I didn't post them all then, but I suppose "better late than never." 

I've posted a bunch of albums by Morgan James. Virtually all of them are acoustic, with her husband Doug Wamble playing guitar, and virtually all of them consist of cover versions. This one is acoustic, as usual, but James and Wamble are a songwriting team, and this is mostly made up of originals. I think the only two covers are the last two, with "On the Road Again" by Willie Nelson and "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M.

It seems James had done many of these kinds of shorts in recent years, but they're all behind paywalls, using services like StageIt. (If anyone has copies of them, I'd be interested in hearing them.) I'm posting this one because it was done without a paywall and posted on YouTube.

This album is 40 minutes long.

01 Vision of Love (Morgan James)
02 talk (Morgan James)
03 Making Up for Lost Love (Morgan James)
04 talk (Morgan James)
05 Give You Up (Morgan James)
06 All I Ever Gave You (Morgan James)
07 Better Me (Morgan James)
08 talk (Morgan James)
09 Love Ain't Worth Living (Morgan James)
10 talk (Morgan James)
11 I Don't Mind Waking Up [To a Love This Good] (Morgan James)
12 talk (Morgan James)
13 On the Road Again (Morgan James)
14 talk (Morgan James)
15 Everybody Hurts (Morgan James)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15411941/MorganJ_2020b_HomeConcrtNewYrkC__7-1-2020_atse.zip.html

The cover is a screenshot I took from the YouTube video for this concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment