Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Cat Stevens - BBC Sessions, Volume 2: 1970-1971

This is the second BBC album by Cat Stevens. It contains BBC studio sessions from 1970 and 1971.

On the downside, I can't find anything from 1972 or after. It seems his efforts to promote his music plummeted for a while there. For instance, as far as I can tell, he only played in public once in 1973, for a TV show. So it seems these three albums are all these is as far as early Cat Stevens at the BBC goes.

Pretty much everything here is done in solo acoustic format. The versions sound very similar to the solo acoustic studio demo versions I've already posted elsewhere, but still, I think it's worth posting all of his BBC stuff. Everything here has been officially released, thanks to super deluxe editions of the "Tea for the Tillerman" and "Teaser and the Firecat" albums that came out in 2021. 

Note that two of the songs actually aren't from BBC sessions. "Wild World" comes from a performance on the German TV show "Beat Club." "Father and Son' comes from a British TV show called "Out Front." I used several other songs from "Out Front" as extra songs on the "BBC Sessions, Volume 3" album. But I didn't use this one because it would have repeated another song there. So I figured why not stick it here instead. 

This album is 43 minutes long.

01 Lady D’Arbanville (Cat Stevens)
02 Trouble (Cat Stevens)
03 Katmandu (Cat Stevens)
04 Tea for the Tillerman (Cat Stevens)
05 Wild World (Cat Stevens)
06 Tuesday's Dead (Cat Stevens)
07 How Can I Tell You (Cat Stevens)
08 Peace Train (Cat Stevens)
09 Moonshadow (Cat Stevens)
10 Bitterblue (Cat Stevens)
11 Father and Son (Cat Stevens)
12 If I Laugh (Cat Stevens)
13 Changes IV (Cat Stevens)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15430733/CatSvns_1970-1971_BBSessionsVolum2_atse.zip.html

The cover photo comes from a performance he did in 1971 for the BBC TV show "Top of the Pops."

4 comments:

  1. I've now downloaded all of your Cat Stevens/Yusuf compilations - they are all great. Assuming that your efforts are commensurate with my enjoyment these must of taken many hours to put together. Many thanks for all your work.

    ReplyDelete