Friday, April 30, 2021

Morgan James - Quarantunes, Volume 1 (2020)

If you've been following this blog, you may have noticed that I've posted a lot of music by Morgan James, even though she's relatively unknown and isn't usually included in websites such as this one. If you think I've posted too much of her stuff then brace yourself, because I'm going to post a whole lot more! ;) In 2020, during the first wave of the coronavirus pandemic, she posted no less than a 100 cover songs she did in a 100 day time period. She called this series "Quarantunes," so that's what I'm calling it too. 

All of these covers featured just her on lead vocals, plus her husband Doug Wamble on acoustic guitar and occasional vocals. In other words, it's exactly like most of her acoustic covers albums I've posted here already. So if you liked those, you'll be sure the like this new series too.

As with the previous covers albums from Morgan James that I've posted, one thing I really like about her is that she does songs by a wide variety of artists. In fact, I'd guess this album has a wider range of source material than any other all-covers albums by anyone that I've posted at this blog so far. Consider she does songs by Duke Ellington and Hank Williams from the pre-rock and roll era all way to the Backstreet Boys and Robyn from the last couple of decades! Who else does that? Nobody I know.  And thanks to her excellent voice and the acoustic guitar arrangements, none of the songs sound out of place.

This album is 47 minutes long.

Here's a list of the original artists for each song:

01 Alone Together - Arthur Schwartz & Howard Dietz
02 Lonely Avenue - Ray Charles
03 Solitude - Duke Ellington
04 Tired of Being Alone - Al Green
05 Meditation - Antonio Carlos Jobim
06 Azure - Duke Ellington
07 Islands in the Stream - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers
08 Dancing on My Own - Robyn
09 I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - Hank Williams
10 Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely - Backstreet Boys
11 Love Will Keep Us Alive - Eagles
12 The End of the Innocence - Don Henley
13 Mad World - Tears for Fears
14 So Lonely - Police
15 New York State of Mind - Billy Joel

Here's the usual song list:

01 Alone Together (Morgan James)
02 Lonely Avenue (Morgan James & Doug Wamble)
03 Solitude (Morgan James)
04 Tired of Being Alone (Morgan James)
05 Meditation (Morgan James & Doug Wamble)
06 Azure (Morgan James)
07 Islands in the Stream (Morgan James & Doug Wamble)
08 Dancing on My Own (Morgan James)
09 I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Morgan James)
10 Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely (Morgan James)
11 Love Will Keep Us Alive (Morgan James)
12 The End of the Innocence (Morgan James)
13 Mad World (Morgan James)
14 So Lonely (Morgan James)
15 New York State of Mind (Morgan James)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15266969/MorganJ_2020_QuarantnesVolume1_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo is a screenshot I took from one of the YouTube videos of one of the songs featured here.

No comments:

Post a Comment