Tuesday, April 6, 2021

David Bowie - Acoustic Demos (1968-1971)

I'm a big fan of David Bowie's music, but I like some eras of his music career more than others. My favorite era stretches from about 1968 to 1973. One thing I like about his music from that time was that it was often acoustic based, helped by the fact that I favor acoustic versions of songs in general. So I've created this collection of acoustic performances. All of these versions are versions that I haven't included on any other Bowie albums I've posted at this blog.

All but four of the versions here have been officially released. The four unreleased ones are bunched together near the end, tracks 11 to 14. Most of the rest have only been released in recent years. Perhaps some of those versions weren't released earlier because their sound quality is fairly rough. The songs "In the Heat of the Morning," London Bye Ta-Ta," and "When I'm Five" sounded worse than the others. So I asked my musical friend MZ for help. He made some tweaks to help, but there's only so much one can do, so those still sound worse than the others.

A couple of the songs I had sounded even worse than the ones mentioned above. So I've demoted those two, "Amsterdam" and "Bombers," to bonus track status.

This album is 52 minutes long.

01 In the Heat of the Morning (David Bowie)
02 London Bye Ta-Ta (David Bowie)
03 Angel Angel Grubby Face [Version 2] (David Bowie)
04 Space Oddity [Duet Version] (David Bowie with John 'Hutch' Hutchinson)
05 When I'm Five (David Bowie)
06 Conversation Piece (David Bowie)
07 Lover to the Dawn [Early Version of Cygnet Committee] (David Bowie with John 'Hutch' Hutchinson)
08 Let Me Sleep Beside You (David Bowie with John 'Hutch' Hutchinson)
09 Ching-A-Ling (David Bowie with John 'Hutch' Hutchinson)
10 An Occasional Dream (David Bowie with John 'Hutch' Hutchinson)
11 Quicksand (David Bowie)
12 Changes (David Bowie)
13 Kooks (David Bowie)
14 Right On Mother (David Bowie)
15 Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)
16 Lady Stardust (David Bowie)

Amsterdam (David Bowie)
Bombers (David Bowie)

https://www.imagenetz.de/bAhou

I don't know when or where the cover art photo comes from. But based on his appearance, I'm fairly confident it's from 1971 or 1972.

No comments:

Post a Comment