Friday, April 12, 2019

Paul Weller - Ghosts - Non-Album Acoustic Tracks (2015-2018)

I've posted a ton of Paul Weller albums, but I'm finally getting to the end of the road as I reach close to the present day. This one covers just acoustic performances from 2015 to 2018. I've got one more album after this which deals with full band material from roughly the same time period.

Only one song here is officially released, "The Ballad of Jimmy McCabe." I was able to include it because it comes from the soundtrack to the movie "Jawbone" instead of one of his studio albums. Most of the rest of the songs are acoustic versions of songs from his albums of the time period. There are a couple of exceptions: "Have You Ever Had It Blue" is a version of one of his Style Council songs, "Ghosts" is a version of one of his Jam songs, and "I've Never Found a Girl (Who Loves Me like You Do)"is a cover of a 1960s hit from soul musician Eddie Floyd.

As I write this, Weller's most recent studio album is 2018's "True Meanings." That generally has an acoustic sound, but usually with other instruments added, especially strings. The last two songs here are songs from that album, but these are unreleased studio versions that are strictly acoustic. If you haven't heard that album, you should. It's one of his best in a long time.

01 Dusk Til Dawn (Paul Weller)
02 Going My Way (Paul Weller)
03 Ghosts (Paul Weller)
04 Have You Ever Had It Blue (Paul Weller)
05 I'm Where I Should Be (Paul Weller)
06 These City Streets (Paul Weller)
07 Aspects (Paul Weller with Robert Wyatt)
08 The Ballad of Jimmy McCabe (Paul Weller)
09 Long Long Road (Paul Weller)
10 I've Never Found a Girl [Who Loves Me like You Do] (Paul Weller)
11 Glide (Paul Weller)
12 Gravity (Paul Weller)

https://www.imagenetz.de/cSVip


For the album cover, I used a photo of Weller in concert in 2018.

7 comments:

  1. Great stuff.Any chance of using anything other than Zippyshare (it's blocked in the UK)? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zippyshare is still blocked there? Sigh! I'm sticking with Zippyshare for now, but I'll probably be forced to change eventually. In the meantime, you can try this:

      https://albumsiwishexisted.blogspot.com/2019/03/zippyshare-update.html

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EDIT: The Chris Evans session tracks (9 & 10) are garbled, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, those two songs were messed up. I have no idea why, because I thought they were good before. But I redid them and fixed the file.

      Delete