Recently, I had a person named Paul who contacted me and told me they had a BBC concert I'd missed. It's from the BBC TV show "In Concert," which had a lot of episodes in the early 1970s especially. I've been trying to collect recordings of all the episodes of that show, so I'm posting this straight away. It stars singer-songwriter Leo Sayer.
Note that I previously posted a BBC concert from Sayer, dating to 1988. Now that I have another one, I've just renamed that one to "BBC Sessions, Volume 2." Here's a link to that one if you want to get the updated cover art and so forth:
https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2025/12/leo-sayer-bbc-in-concert-bristol.html
At the time of this concert, Sayer was just starting to become a star. His debut album "Silverbird," was released in late 1973, and made it all the way to Number Two in the British charts. It went unnoticed in the U.S., but this is a BBC show, so that doesn't matter for this concert. It went up the charts mainly due to the song "The Show Must Go On," which also went all the way to Number Two in Britain.
Also in 1973, Roger Daltrey, the lead singer of the Who, released his debut solo album, "Daltrey." The reason I mention that is because all of the songs on it were written by Sayer and his songwriting partner David Courtney, including a hit, "Giving It All Away." He performed two of the songs from that album in this concert, "Giving It All Away" and "One Man Band." (He would later do versions on his own albums, but not yet.)
The music here is unreleased. The sound quality is excellent. Thanks again to Paul for sharing the music. If anyone else has episodes of this show that I haven't posted yet, please let me know. You can see a list of the episodes here:
https://thetvdb.com/series/in-concert/allseasons/official
This album is 30 minutes long.
01 Tomorrow (Leo Sayer)
02 talk (Leo Sayer)
03 One Man Band (Leo Sayer)
04 Giving It All Away (Leo Sayer)
05 talk (Leo Sayer)
06 Goodnight Old Friend (Leo Sayer)
07 talk (Leo Sayer)
08 The Dancer (Leo Sayer)
09 talk (Leo Sayer)
10 The Show Must Go On (Leo Sayer)
11 The Innocent Bystander (Leo Sayer)
12 Slow Motion (Leo Sayer)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/PA94FCqu
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/oJxCGVz6jkHHqUM/file
The cover image shows Sayer in a Pierrot clown outfit on a Dutch TV show in Hilversum, Netherlands, at some point in 1974.

No comments:
Post a Comment