Monday, September 6, 2021

Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren - Sunday Mornings with Elle and Toni, Volume 10: 2020

I'm still slowly trying to catch up with the present day when it comes to Elle Cordova and Toni Lindgren and their tradition of doing new cover songs most every Sunday morning. I'm getting closer by posting this album - I still have a couple more to get fully caught up. 

I don't have much to say that I haven't said for the other albums in this series. If you've liked those, you'll like this one. Once again, there's a nice mix of well-known classics and more obscure tunes.

One thing worth noting is that a couple of the songs - "Werewolves of London" and "Monster Mash" were done near Halloween, 2020, so they have that theme going. For "Monster Mash," the duo even dressed up in Halloween costumes for their performance.

This album is 45 minutes long.

Here's a list of the original artists for each song:

01 Tequila [Instrumental] - Champs
02 Wayfaring Stranger - traditional
03 When I Paint My Masterpiece - Bob Dylan
04 King of the Road - Roger Miller
05 Mama Said - Shirelles
06 Rocket Man [I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time] - Elton John
07 Dancing in the Moonlight - King Harvest
08 Stranded - Van Morrison
09 Alberta - Doc Watson
10 Two Sisters [The Wind and the Rain] - traditional
11 Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon
12 Monster Mash - Bobby 'Boris' Pickett
13 The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan

Here's the usual song list:

01 Tequila [Instrumental] (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
02 Wayfaring Stranger (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
03 When I Paint My Masterpiece (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
04 King of the Road (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
05 Mama Said (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
06 Rocket Man [I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time] (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
07 Dancing in the Moonlight (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
08 Stranded (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
09 Alberta (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
10 Two Sisters [The Wind and the Rain] (Elle Cordova & Alana)
11 Werewolves of London (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
12 Monster Mash (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)
13 The Times They Are A-Changin' (Elle Cordova & Toni Lindgren)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16534069/ELLECRDVATNILINDRN2020SndyMrnngswthEllTniVlum10_atse.zip.html

The cover art is a screenshot taken from one of the videos of the songs featured here, but I don't remember which one.

3 comments:

  1. Many thanks for more Reina del Cid & Toni Lindgren ! Great blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paul - What's the name of that program that can undo the brick wall effect and what's the link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no special program that I know of. I just use Audacity and do it manually for each song.

      Delete