Saturday, September 11, 2021

Molly Tuttle - Livestream Concert, Volume 3: Pickin' Party - The Basement, Nashville, TN, 12-17-2020

Here's the last of three livestream concerts Molly Tuttle did near the end of 2020. All three concerts were special, with entirely different set lists from each other, so all three are worthy of posting here.

This one differs from the previous two in three important ways. First, instead of doing all covers, Tuttle stuck much more to her own songs. She's probably best known for her amazing guitar picking ability, and you can see the focus on that with the concert's theme of "Pickin' Party." Secondly, as the "party" part suggests, this one isn't just her and a couple of band members, like the two previous concert. She had three special guests join in at different times. To be honest, I wasn't previously familiar with any of the guests, but they joined in with lead vocals sometimes, often on their own songs, and often took part in guitar picking duels with Tuttle.

The final difference with the previous two concerts is that those were almost entirely just the songs and no talking, whereas this one has all the banter between songs. In my opinion, this gives the concert a lot more character, so I much prefer it this way. I hope that posting these concerts will inspire anyone who has versions of either of the two previous concerts to step forward and share that, so I can update those with all the banter there must have been on those.

There's not much else to say except I hope that by posting these concerts, I'll be able to turn more of you folks onto her music. In my opinion, she's one of the most talented newcomers in music these days.

This concert is an hour and 19 minutes long. That makes it about 20 minutes longer than either of the previous two concerts in this series, probably because this one has the banter between songs and those don't.

01 Save This Heart (Molly Tuttle)
02 talk (Molly Tuttle)
03 Supermoon [Instrumental] (Molly Tuttle)
04 talk (Molly Tuttle)
05 Good Enough (Molly Tuttle)
06 talk (Molly Tuttle)
07 She's a Rainbow (Molly Tuttle)
08 talk (Molly Tuttle)
09 Fox on the Run (Molly Tuttle with Daniel Donato)
10 talk (Molly Tuttle with Daniel Donato)
11 Love's Gonna Live Here (Molly Tuttle with Daniel Donato)
12 talk (Molly Tuttle with Daniel Donato)
13 I Been to Georgia on a Fast Train (Molly Tuttle with Daniel Donato)
14 talk (Molly Tuttle with Ellen Angelico)
15 Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good (Molly Tuttle with Ellen Angelico)
16 talk (Molly Tuttle with Ellen Angelico)
17 I'd Like to Fall in Love Sometime (Molly Tuttle with Ellen Angelico)
18 talk (Molly Tuttle)
19 Gentle on My Mind (Molly Tuttle)
20 talk (Molly Tuttle with David Grier)
21 Instrumental (Molly Tuttle with David Grier)
22 talk (Molly Tuttle with David Grier)
23 White Freightliner Blues] (Molly Tuttle with David Grier)
24 talk (Molly Tuttle with David Grier)
25 Instrumental (Molly Tuttle with David Grier)
26 talk (Molly Tuttle)
27 Let the Whole World Talk (Molly Tuttle)
28 talk (Molly Tuttle)
29 Friend of a Friend (Molly Tuttle)
30 talk (Molly Tuttle)
31 Old Man at the Mill (Molly Tuttle)
32 talk (Molly Tuttle)
33 Over the Line (Molly Tuttle)
34 talk (Molly Tuttle)
35 Light Came In [Power Went Out] (Molly Tuttle)
36 talk (Molly Tuttle)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15266720/MollyT_2020e_LivstreamConcrtVol3PickinPrty__12-17-2020_atse.zip.html

For the two previous concerts in this series, I was able to use screenshots of the exact concerts in question for the album art. I wasn't able to do that in this case. So instead I used a different screenshot from the previous concert. If anyone has a good image from this exact concert, please let me know.

11 comments:

  1. Speaking of Molly Tuttle, Soulseek is incredibly strange. Molly Tuttle has not shown up once, with any album, since you suggested that I go there. Morgan James was missing for the first week entirely, then volumes 1 and 3-5 showed up, out of the blue (no volume 2) and they're still available (still no 2). Then yesterday, out of the blue, a bunch of Dusty Springfield albums, all of which I queued and they're still queued, not downloading despite multiple attempts, and Dusty disappeared again today (along with Duffy and a bunch of Bruce Springsteen albums, that have also disappeared). Weird to say the least. I'll keep Dusty queued and perhaps some day they will download. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SoulseekQT (and remember to use the one with QT is the name) can be hit or miss. But here's a tip. Once you find anything from me, right click and choose "browse user's files." That doesn't always work. Sometimes it says a connection can't be made. But once it does, then you'll have access to all the albums I've posted. You'll be able to get the Dusty albums and everything else you want, easily.

      Delete
  2. P.S. Now, for the Dusty Springfield albums, it says File Not Shared. For the Duffy and Bruce Springsteen albums, it still says queued. For what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a question: I did what you suggested, clicking on one of the Dusty Springfield sets that were under atse, but when I clicked on "Browse User's Files," the user was listed as Stillwater 76 (and "a connection could not be successfully formed to the user"). Is Stillwater 76 someone other than you, which is why I can't download? I was able to download a Jimi Hendrix album that included a duet with Dusty Springfield, so that's something. I am still mystified by SoulseekQT, but this way every day is a new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stillwater is not me. My SoulseekQT name is "albumsthatshouldexist." But my albums have been there for a while, so some other people who downloaded them from me are sharing them. Stillwater must be one of those. If you keep looking, you'll eventually find me. And as for the connection not being formed, keep in mind that people come and go hour to hour as their computers turn on and off. Who is logged in at any moment isn't entirely up to date, so that's why you get that kind of message sometimes.

      Delete
  4. It would still be good to have them here, I am using soulseek QT for years and dont see you anywhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bunch of Tuttle links died, but I should fix them in the next couple of days. I'm on SoulseekQT pretty much 24 hours a day, because I generally keep my computer on all the time. People are frequently downloading stuff from me there. In fact, I see someone is downloading something on it right now.

      Delete
    2. I believe you Paul, that's not the point. I also know you do not always get what you ask in slsk. Once I have your name, I can you as user, after that, no problem. Just checked again. Nope. Will check on some other names. Thx anyway and keep the good work up!

      Delete