Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Robyn Hitchcock - Acoustic Covers, Volume 8: 2007-2008

This is one of my extensive series of albums of Robyn Hitchcock performing cover versions in the solo acoustic format, usually in concert. On March 17, 2020, I totally overhauled all the albums in this series. I found so many songs that I'd previously missed that sometimes I was able to make a new album between previously existing albums. This is an example of that.

Although this is a new album, there's a mix of songs I'd previously missed, and songs from other albums in this series that have been moved around. The vast majority of the songs are newly discovered, so I'll only mention the four that are not: "China Pig," "Sure 'Nuff 'N' Yes I Do," "If I Fell," and "Free Ride."

I had previously included "First Girl I Loved" as a bonus track on another album, due to its poor sound quality. But I was able to find a better sounding version of the same performance, so I've included that here, no longer as a bonus track.

Here are the original artists for each song:

01 Lo and Behold - Life During Wartime - Lo and Behold - Bob Dylan - Talking Heads
02 Look at Miss Ohio - Gillian Welch
03 Queen Jane Approximately - Bob Dylan
04 Not Fade Away - Bo Diddley - Buddy Holly - Bo Diddley
05 Shakin' All Over - Johnny Kidd and the Pirates
06 All You Need Is Love - Love Me Do - Beatles
07 The Weight - Band
08 Please Mrs. Henry - Bob Dylan & the Band
09 The Yellow Snake - Incredible String Band
10 China Pig - Captain Beefheart
11 Sure 'Nuff 'N' Yes I Do - Captain Beefheart
12 If I Fell - Beatles
13 While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Beatles

And here is the usual song list:

01 Lo and Behold - Life During Wartime - Lo and Behold (Robyn Hitchcock)
02 Look at Miss Ohio (Robyn Hitchcock)
03 Queen Jane Approximately (Robyn Hitchcock)
04 Not Fade Away - Bo Diddley (Robyn Hitchcock with John Paul Jones)
05 Shakin' All Over (Robyn Hitchcock with John Paul Jones)
06 All You Need Is Love - Love Me Do (Robyn Hitchcock with John Paul Jones)
07 The Weight (Robyn Hitchcock with John Paul Jones)
08 Please Mrs. Henry (Robyn Hitchcock)
09 The Yellow Snake (Robyn Hitchcock)
10 China Pig (Robyn Hitchcock & Gary Lucas)
11 Sure 'Nuff 'N' Yes I Do (Robyn Hitchcock & Gary Lucas)
12 If I Fell (Robyn Hitchcock with Nick Lowe & Elvis Costello)
13 While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Robyn Hitchcock)

This album is 48 minutes long.

https://www.upload.ee/files/15272936/RobynH_2007-2008_AcousticCoversVolume8_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo comes from the SXSW concert in Austin, Texas, in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment