Friday, November 8, 2019

Richard Thompson - The Bottom Line, New York City, 3-4-1992, Early Show

I just posted the first two of four albums of Richard Thompson's two nights of concerts at the Bottom Line, in New York City on March 3rd and 4th, 1992. This is the third one. I already explained the basics in my post about the first album, so please refer to that for general information about all four of these albums. But, in short, these albums are as good as it gets when it comes to Thompson playing acoustic in concert.

As I mentioned in that first post, I didn't include some songs if they either were duplicates of songs played in one of the other shows in those two nights, or if he tried a song he didn't really know and fell on his face doing so. For this show, that means I didn't include versions of "1952 Vincent Black Lightning," "I Feel So Good," "Meet on the Ledge," and "How Will I Ever Be Simple Again." In all those cases, it's because he played them elsewhere in these four shows, and I included one of those other versions.

This album is an hour and five minutes long.

01 talk (Richard Thompson)
02 Hokey Pokey [The Ice Cream Song] (Richard Thompson)
03 talk (Richard Thompson)
04 Shoot Out the Lights (Richard Thompson)
05 talk (Richard Thompson)
06 Why Must I Plead (Richard Thompson)
07 talk (Richard Thompson)
08 Crash the Party (Richard Thompson)
09 talk (Richard Thompson)
10 Sloth (Richard Thompson)
11 talk (Richard Thompson)
12 Bring It On Home to Me (Richard Thompson)
13 talk (Richard Thompson)
14 God Loves a Drunk (Richard Thompson)
15 talk (Richard Thompson)
16 Long Black Veil (Richard Thompson)
17 talk (Richard Thompson)
18 Can't Win (Richard Thompson)
19 talk (Richard Thompson)
20 Substitute (Richard Thompson)
21 talk (Richard Thompson)
22 Surfin' U.S.A. (Richard Thompson)
23 talk (Richard Thompson)
24 Killerman Gold Posse (Richard Thompson)
25 talk (Richard Thompson)
26 The Great Valerio (Richard Thompson)
27 talk (Richard Thompson)
28 I Ride in Your Slipstream (Richard Thompson)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15268669/RichrdT_1992_TheBottmLineNewYrkCity__3-4-1992__Early_Show_atse.zip.html

For the album cover, I used another photo of Thompson in concert in 1991, since I couldn't find good ones of him from 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment