Friday, November 8, 2019

Richard Thompson - The Bottom Line, New York City, 3-3-1992, Late Show

I just posted the first of four albums of Richard Thompson's two nights of concerts at the Bottom Line, in New York City on March 3rd and 4th, 1992. This is the second. I already explained the basics in my last post, so please refer to that for general information about all four of these albums. But, in short, these albums are as good as it gets when it comes to Thompson playing acoustic in concert.

As I mentioned in that last post, I didn't include some songs if they either were duplicates of songs played in one of the other shows in those two nights, or if he tried a song he didn't really know and fell on his face doing so. For this album, I didn't include versions of "King of America," "I'll Regret It All in the Morning," and "Time Has Told Me." All of those were literally only a fraction of a minute long before he gave up, so you're not missing anything. I also didn't include "1952 Vincent Black Lightning" and "I Ride in Your Slipstream" because I included better versions on different shows in this four album series.

This album is one hour and 19 minutes long.

Oh, by the way, there's one thing I forgot to mention in that last post. There are three songs from these shows that I've included on a stray tracks album I made called "Now That I Am Dead," since they are songs he didn't put on record, and I couldn't find versions from any other concerts. Those three songs are: "Jambalaya (On the Bayou)," "Gonna Back Up Baby," and "Rainbow Over the Hill." The first one comes from this album.

01 talk (Richard Thompson)
02 Loch Lomond (Richard Thompson)
03 talk (Richard Thompson)
04 Turning of the Tide (Richard Thompson)
05 talk (Richard Thompson)
06 Read about Love (Richard Thompson)
07 talk (Richard Thompson)
08 Don't Tempt Me (Richard Thompson)
09 talk (Richard Thompson)
10 When I Get to the Border (Richard Thompson)
11 talk (Richard Thompson)
12 Love Minus Zero-No Limit (Richard Thompson)
13 talk (Richard Thompson)
14 Streets of Paradise (Richard Thompson)
15 talk (Richard Thompson)
16 Reckless Kind (Richard Thompson)
17 talk (Richard Thompson)
18 The Angels Took My Racehorse Away (Richard Thompson)
19 talk (Richard Thompson)
20 Did She Jump or Was She Pushed (Richard Thompson)
21 Devonside (Richard Thompson)
22 talk (Richard Thompson)
23 Gonna Back Up Baby - Be-Bop-A-Lula (Richard Thompson)
24 talk (Richard Thompson)
25 Walking on a Wire (Richard Thompson)
26 talk (Richard Thompson)
27 I'll Regret It All in the Morning (Richard Thompson)
28 talk (Richard Thompson)
29 Rave On (Richard Thompson)
30 talk (Richard Thompson)
31 The Sun Never Shines on the Poor (Richard Thompson)
32 talk (Richard Thompson)
33 Jambalaya [On the Bayou] (Richard Thompson)
34 talk (Richard Thompson)
35 Willy O' Winsbury (Richard Thompson)
36 talk (Richard Thompson)
37 A Heart Needs a Home (Richard Thompson)
38 talk (Richard Thompson)
39 Meet on the Ledge (Richard Thompson)
40 talk (Richard Thompson)
41 How Will I Ever Be Simple Again (Richard Thompson)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15268682/RichrdT_1992_TheBottmLineNewYrkCity__3-3-1992__Late_Show_atse.zip.html

For the album cover, I used another photo of Thompson in concert in 1991, since I couldn't find good ones of him from 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment