NOTE: Today, I'm having trouble getting the cover art added in. I hoping and assuming this is some technical problem that will soon resolve on its own. When it does, I'll add in the image.
I started to be familiar with the music of St. Vincent when I posted her Glastonbury performance in August 2025. But I didn't know she did a lot of interesting cover versions until musical friend Lil Panda tipped me off. He sent me a bunch of covers. I took that and ran with it, finding a bunch more. In the end, we came up with enough for three albums worth.
One thing I like about her covers is she has a wide range of influences, and often some lesser known ones. Check out the below list to see what I mean.
This album is 50 minutes long.
These are the original artists for each song:
01 These Days - Jackson Browne / Gregg Allman
02 Dig a Pony - Beatles
03 Sleep All Summer - Crooked Fingers
04 Every Drop of Rain - David Byrne & Fatboy Slim
05 Need You Tonight - INXS
06 Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
07 Tango Till They're Sore - Tom Waits
08 She Is Beyond Good and Evil - Pop Group
09 Some of Them Are Old - Brian Eno
10 Early Autumn - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
11 Make Believe - Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
12 Lithium - Nirvana
13 Emotional Rescue - Rolling Stones
Here's the usual song list:
01 These Days (St. Vincent)
02 Dig a Pony (St. Vincent)
03 Sleep All Summer (St. Vincent & the National)
04 Every Drop of Rain (David Byrne & Fatboy Slim with Candie Payne & St. Vincent)
05 Need You Tonight (Beck, St. Vincent & Liars)
06 Never Tear Us Apart (Beck, St. Vincent & Liars)
07 Tango Till They're Sore (St. Vincent)
08 She Is Beyond Good and Evil (St. Vincent)
09 Some of Them Are Old (St. Vincent)
10 Early Autumn (St. Vincent & the Living Sisters)
11 Make Believe (St. Vincent)
12 Lithium (Nirvana & St. Vincent)
13 Emotional Rescue (St. Vincent)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/MoHyMmek
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/WQGIrd3rhDTPdrO/file
The cover image comes from the PLUG Independent Music Awards ceremony in New York City on March 6, 2008.
Thank you!
ReplyDeleteScoprire il lato "cover" di un'artista poliedrica come St. Vincent è un viaggio musicale davvero affascinante, soprattutto quando si parte da un live memorabile come quello di Glastonbury per poi finire a collezionare materiale a tal punto da riempire interi album virtuali. Condividere queste passioni e scambiarsi chicche musicali con gli amici è il modo migliore per ampliare i propri orizzonti sonori e riscoprire brani famosi sotto una luce totalmente nuova.
ReplyDeleteSe nel frattempo vuoi concederti una pausa di relax e staccare un attimo la spina, puoi dare un'occhiata a winbay casino.
Qual è la cover più inaspettata o sorprendente che hai scoperto grazie ai consigli di un amico?