Cornell is best known for being the lead singer and songwriter for the bands Soundgarden and Audioslave. I must admit that I never got into either of those bands, although I've really liked some songs. I guess I'm just not big on grunge in general. That said, I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed this. I'm much more of a solo acoustic music kind of guy, and that's all this is, although Cornell was backed by a second musician.
Everyone knows that Cornell had a great voice. But I was impressed with his songs in this format. And he did some interesting covers of some very famous musical acts ("Nothing Compares 2 U" by Prince, "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin, "The Times They Are A-Changin'" by Bob Dylan, "Billy Jean" by Michael Jackson, and "A Day in the Life" by the Beatles). In fact, I'm so impressed that this makes me want to hear more of his music. And that rarely happens to me with this type of music. I guess I should have known that the guy who wrote "Black Hole Sun" was an uncommonly good songwriter, because that's a totally classic song, and one with an unusual melody and chord structure.
This concert took place in 2016, which is less until his death by suicide in May 2017. While that death is certainly tragic, the silver lining for this album is this is a good summary of his entire music career.
There are only two problems with this recording, one I could fix and one I couldn't. I couldn't fix the fact that it's all in mono. The other problem was that the last song, "Higher Truth," came to a sudden stop about a minute before the song ended. I found another version of the song (from a concert in Manchester the same year) and used that to patch up the ending. That's why that one song has "[Edit]" in the title.
This album is two hours and 24 minutes long.
01 talk (Chris Cornell)
02 Before We Disappear (Chris Cornell)
03 Can't Change Me (Chris Cornell)
04 talk (Chris Cornell)
05 'Til the Sun Comes Back Around (Chris Cornell)
06 talk (Chris Cornell)
07 Nothing Compares 2 U (Chris Cornell)
08 talk (Chris Cornell)
09 Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart (Chris Cornell)
10 talk (Chris Cornell)
11 The Times They Are A-Changin' Back (Chris Cornell)
12 talk (Chris Cornell)
13 Halfway There (Chris Cornell)
14 talk (Chris Cornell)
15 Josephine (Chris Cornell)
16 Fell on Black Days (Chris Cornell)
17 Thank You (Chris Cornell)
18 talk (Chris Cornell)
19 Getaway Car (Chris Cornell)
20 talk (Chris Cornell)
21 Doesn't Remind Me (Chris Cornell)
22 River of Deceit (Chris Cornell)
23 Blow Up the Outside World (Chris Cornell)
24 Let Your Eyes Wander (Chris Cornell)
25 The Last Remaining Light (Chris Cornell)
26 talk (Chris Cornell)
27 Wide Awake (Chris Cornell)
28 talk (Chris Cornell)
29 Say Hello 2 Heaven (Chris Cornell)
30 talk (Chris Cornell)
31 Billie Jean (Chris Cornell)
32 Scream (Chris Cornell)
33 talk (Chris Cornell)
34 Rusty Cage (Chris Cornell)
35 talk (Chris Cornell)
36 Black Hole Sun (Chris Cornell)
37 Hunger Strike (Chris Cornell)
38 talk (Chris Cornell)
39 Wooden Jesus (Chris Cornell)
40 A Day in the Life (Chris Cornell)
41 talk (Chris Cornell)
42 I Am the Highway (Chris Cornell)
43 talk (Chris Cornell)
44 Seasons (Chris Cornell)
45 talk (Chris Cornell)
46 Higher Truth [Edit] (Chris Cornell)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/dX4SvfaH
alternate:
https://bestfile.io/en/5a0aXLNL30k3H7k/file
The cover image apparently comes from this exact concert. I say "apparently" because I'm not entirely sure about the source. But it's from this 2016 tour, at least.

No comments:
Post a Comment