Saturday, September 26, 2026

Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, RI, 8-2-2008 - The Cowboy Junkies

Here's another album from the 2008 Newport Folk Festival. This time, it's a set by the Cowboy Junkies.

As I said in my previous write-up, I'm going to try to keep these write-ups short for the festival. But since I haven't posted anything from this band before, here's their Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboy_Junkies

I have to say I'd thought this band was a one-trick pony, playing all their songs in a slow, sleepy style. But I was pleasantly surprised that there was a good amount of musical variety here, and even some rocking at times.

This album is 53 minutes long.

01 Miles from Our Home (Cowboy Junkies)
02 I Don't Get It (Cowboy Junkies)
03 talk (Cowboy Junkies)
04 Follower 2 (Cowboy Junkies)
05 My Little Basquait (Cowboy Junkies)
06 Those Final Feet (Cowboy Junkies)
07 Just Want to See (Cowboy Junkies)
08 Working on a Building (Cowboy Junkies)
09 Good Friday (Cowboy Junkies)
10 talk (Cowboy Junkies)
11 Murder Tonight in the Trailer Park (Cowboy Junkies) 

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ZhpULCm2

alternate:

https://bestfile.io/en/ex58qcldyrBjXdA/file 

The cover photo of the band's lead singer Margo Timmins is from this exact concert.

1 comment:

  1. Cowboy Junkies are a great band. Margo's vocals are haunting and her brother Michael is a great songwriter. Aside from their classic Trinity Session LP, they've recorded a slew of great albums. They also welcome tapers to their shows; there are plenty at archive.org. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete