Friday, March 12, 2021

Morgan James - Full Band Cover Songs (2014-2020)

Morgan James has a curious habit when it comes to musical arrangements: her studio albums usually have full band arrangements, but she's also posted lots of stuff on YouTube, and nearly all of that is solo acoustic. I've posted six acoustic cover version albums from her already, and I have even more than that to post. But I've only been able to find the occasional cover version that she's posted with full band arrangements. I've gathered them all together into this album.

Personally, I prefer her solo acoustic style, but I like these songs too. As usual, she has a mix between the classic rock stuff that I typically favor and more modern stuff, but performed and produced intelligently in a way that allows me to appreciate the songs. A couple of the songs are done in a very unusual way. For instance, the only musical backing to "Shut Up and Dance" is a rhythm created by somebody tap dancing! It works well. And "Burn" is only backed by some simple drumming.

This album is 43 minutes long.

Here's a list of the original artists for each song:

01 Burn - Ellie Goulding
02 She's Gone - Hall & Oates
03 Lay Down Sally - Eric Clapton
04 Shut Up and Dance - Walk the Moon
05 Help Me - Joni Mitchell
06 Oh Me, Oh My [I'm a Fool for You Baby] - Lulu / Aretha Franklin
07 Crazy in Love - Beyonce
08 Call My Name - Prince
09 Human - Rag'n'Bone Man
10 This Christmas - Donny Hathaway
11 Hold On, I'm Coming - Sam & Dave

And here's the usual song list:

01 Burn (Morgan James)
02 She's Gone (Morgan James)
03 Lay Down Sally (Morgan James)
04 Shut Up and Dance (Morgan James)
05 Help Me (Morgan James)
06 Oh Me, Oh My [I'm a Fool for You Baby] (Morgan James)
07 Crazy in Love (Morgan James)
08 Call My Name (Morgan James)
09 Human (Morgan James)
10 This Christmas (Morgan James)
11 Hold On, I'm Coming (Morgan James)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15266887/MorganJ_2014-2020_FullBandCverSongs_atse.zip.html

For the album cover, I found a photo of James doing some recording at a radio station in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment