Friday, October 2, 2020

Brandi Carlile - Home Concerts 1: Maple Valley, WA, 4-8-2020 to 9-26-2020

What has Brandi Carlile been up to musically during the coronavirus pandemic? I haven't posted any of her music until now, but she's been very busy. She's had a whole series of home concerts where she has performed each of her studio albums from start to finish. The problem for me is that one has had to pay to get access to those. Other than that, she's only played the occasional song here and there. But I've collected those, and I finally had enough for a full 45-minute-long album.

All the songs here are performed acoustically, and without drums. For some of the songs it's just Carlile by herself. For others, she was backed by "the twins," Tim and Phil Hanseroth, who are her long-time musical collaborators.

Most of the songs are originals, and Carlile is a talented songwriter. There are a few covers: "A Change Is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke, "Your Flag Decal Won’t Get You into Heaven Anymore" by John Prine, "I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty, and "Mad World" by Tears for Fears.

Nothing here has been officially released, but the sound quality is very good throughout.

UPDATE: On November 12, 2020, I updated the mp3 download file. I only recently discovered her cover of John Prine's "Summer's End," even though it was recorded in April 2020. Because that was done earlier than any of the other songs, I had to redo the dates in the album title. While I was at it, I realized I hadn't included her cover of Prine's "Hello in There" either, so I added that as well. I've included that in Volume 6 of my collection of Carlile's cover songs. But it was recorded at home during the pandemic, so it belongs here too.

01 Summer’s End (Brandi Carlile)
02 Hello in There (Brandi Carlile)
03 talk (Brandi Carlile)
04 Looking Out (Brandi Carlile)
05 Crowded Table (Brandi Carlile)
06 Most of All (Brandi Carlile)
07 Keep Your Heart Young (Brandi Carlile)
08 A Change Is Gonna Come (Brandi Carlile & Gary Clark Jr.)
09 talk (Brandi Carlile)
10 Your Flag Decal Won’t Get You into Heaven Anymore (Brandi Carlile)
11 Most of All (Brandi Carlile)
12 The Joke (Brandi Carlile)
13 The Things I Regret (Brandi Carlile)
14 The Mother (Brandi Carlile)
15 I Won't Back Down (Brandi Carlile)
16 Poison and Wine (Kelly Clarkson & Brandi Carlile)
17 Mad World (Brandi Carlile)
18 The Eye (Brandi Carlile)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15281059/BrandiC_2020_HomeConcrts1MpleValleyWA__4-8-2020_to_9-26-2020_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo was taken during one of her home concerts, on June 24, 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment