Friday, September 13, 2019

Morning - Struck like Silver (1972)

Back in April 2018, not long after I started this blog, I posted the 1970 album "Morning" by the band Morning. I don't usually post a studio album without any changes, but I did in that case in part because that album is long out of print, but also because I think it's a really great, five-star album. It's strongly reminiscent of bands from that era like Crosby, Stills and Nash, the Eagles, and America, and it should have sold millions like those artists did. Instead, it's remained totally obscure.

You can find that here:

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2018/04/morning-morning-1970.html

Morning actually put out two albums in their short career. Yesterday, I got a request from someone who asked me to post their other album, "Struck like Silver" from 1972. It's also long out of print, and possibly even more obscure. I think that's a reasonable request, so here it is.

However, I need to say that the reason I didn't post it until now is that I consider it a merely good album, not a great one. The band members themselves were disappointed in that album, and split up shortly thereafter. Still, if you enjoy the early 1970s country rock sound, this is right up your alley.

This album is 39 minutes long.

01 I Ain't Gonna Leave (Morning)
02 In a Better Frame of Mind (Morning)
03 Only to Say Goodnight (Morning)
04 [He Played Real Good] For Free (Morning)
05 Struck like Silver (Morning)
06 Understand My Ways (Morning)
07 Comin' in Love (Morning)
08 Jay's Movie Song (Morning)
09 And Now I Lay Me Down (Morning)
10 Never Been to Spain (Morning)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15252819/Mrning_1972_StrcklikeSilvr_atse.zip.html

The album cover is just the exact cover from the released album.

5 comments:

  1. Great band and excellent album. Ian Matthews, one of the founders of Fairport Convention is the main guy here. He is an excellent song writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like this album a bit more than their first. I have this on LP and the Big Pink non-USA-legit CD. Love this album.

    And Ian Matthews isn't on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Fixed. I also improved the volume balance between songs for this album and the other Morning album.

      Delete