Friday, July 30, 2021

Bonnie Raitt - Coming Home - Non-Album Tracks (1999-2004)

Here's another in a series of stray tracks albums for Bonnie Raitt. I plan to keep posting these until I get caught up to the present day.

Raitt has always been fond of doing songs outside her studio albums, often in collaboration with other musicians, and since she hit it big with her "Nick of Time" album in 1989, she's been in high demand.  About half of the songs here are collaborations with others. She's done many more, but I'm only including the ones where she prominently sings, and not just adds guitar. Additionally, some of the songs are from tribute albums or movie soundtracks. Everything is officially released except for "Never Make Your Move Too Soon." And that one was recorded for BBC radio, so it sounds as good as all the rest.

The two bonus tracks are unreleased. They're only bonus tracks because the sound quality isn't as good as the rest.

The album is 44 minutes long, not including the two bons songs.

01 A Stor Mo Chroi (Chieftans with Bonnie Raitt)
02 It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (Bonnie Raitt)
03 I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues [Edit] (Tony Bennett & Bonnie Raitt)
04 Can Love Stand the Test (Bonnie Raitt & Don Henley)
05 It's a Blessing (Maria Muldaur & Bonnie Raitt)
06 Never Make Your Move Too Soon (Bonnie Raitt)
07 Devil Got My Woman (Bonnie Raitt)
08 Do I Ever Cross Your Mind (Ray Charles & Bonnie Raitt)
09 La Brisa Azul (Bonnie Raitt with Pablo Menendez & Rey Guerra)
10 Coming Home (Bonnie Raitt)
11 Will the Sun Ever Shine Again (Bonnie Raitt)

I Believe I’m in Love with You (Bonnie Raitt & Padlock)
I Can't Stop Wanting You (Paul Brady & Bonnie Raitt)

https://www.imagenetz.de/fBhED

The cover art photo comes from a 2002 concert.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, first thanks for the great content on the page is very valuable, I wanted to ask if you could resubmit some links to download the bootlegs of Paul Weller, are expired and I would like to get the material, I hope you can resubmit the files as soon as possible or when you can, a hug, thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie Raitt series is simply awesome. There's a lot of songs that I've never heard of. Thanks for you efforts.

    ReplyDelete