Sunday, April 5, 2020

Robyn Hitchcock - Tin Angel, Philadelphia, PA, 3-25-1995, Early Show

In recent weeks, a kind person nicknamed Lil Panda has been helping me find more music to post on this blog. You'll see more results from that in the future, including more covers collections. This Robyn Hitchcock concert comes from him. As far as I know, Lil Panda went to the concert, both the early and late shows, and got a copy of the soundboard for both. For some reason, the late show has been available on bootleg for many years, but the early show has never been, until now, right here.

And what a good show it is! The sound is fantastic, and the hour-long performance is excellent as well. All the songs are written by Hitchcock. The only slight disappointment for me is that he doesn't talk between songs as much as he sometimes does. But you can't have everything. I didn't have to do anything to fix the sound, except I broke the talking between songs into their own tracks, as I usually do.

For the most part, Hitchcock is accompanied by nothing but his acoustic guitar. However, towards the end of the show he switches to solo electric guitar for a little bit. He also is sometimes joined by Deni Benet on violin.

01 talk (Robyn Hitchcock)
02 Satellite (Robyn Hitchcock)
03 talk (Robyn Hitchcock)
04 Balloon Man (Robyn Hitchcock)
05 talk (Robyn Hitchcock)
06 Alright, Yeah (Robyn Hitchcock)
07 Man with a Woman's Shadow (Robyn Hitchcock)
08 talk (Robyn Hitchcock)
09 De Chirico Street (Robyn Hitchcock)
10 Sinister but She Was Happy (Robyn Hitchcock)
11 talk (Robyn Hitchcock)
12 The Devil's Coachman (Robyn Hitchcock)
13 Raining Twilight Coast (Robyn Hitchcock)
14 talk (Robyn Hitchcock)
15 I Something You (Robyn Hitchcock)
16 So You Think You're in Love (Robyn Hitchcock)
17 talk (Robyn Hitchcock)
18 The Yip Song (Robyn Hitchcock)
19 I Am Not Me (Robyn Hitchcock)
20 Autumn Is Your Last Chance (Robyn Hitchcock)
21 Never Stop Bleeding (Robyn Hitchcock)
22 Arms of Love (Robyn Hitchcock)
23 Zipper in My Spine (Robyn Hitchcock)
24 Only the Stones Remain (Robyn Hitchcock)

https://www.upload.ee/files/15272085/RobynH_1995_Tin_AngelPhiladelphiaPA__3-25-1995__Early_Show_atse.zip.html

The cover art photo is taken from an unknown 1995 concert. I had used it for another Hitchcock album cover, for "Acoustic Covers, Volume 2." But I decided it fits better here, since there's an early show and late show, and I'm posting them both, and I found this one and another one come from the same source. So I've put a different cover on that "Volume 2" album.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just checked, and the link works for me. Is anyone else having a problem?

      Delete
  2. Works fine for me. Thanks for the great show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the show! The violin player is Deni Bonet.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deni_Bonet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your site! Any chance for a re-up of this show, please?

    ReplyDelete