Wednesday, April 22, 2020

New Categories

I don't know if you use the labels on the sidebar that allow you to find all the albums by specific artists, year, music type, etc... But if you do, I added two new categories today.

One is "cover versions only." It seems posting albums entirely consisting of covers has become a specialty for this blog, for instance the two albums of covers by Texas that I posted a day or two ago. So I've tagged all the dozens of existing covers albums, allowing you to search for just those.

The second new category is "home concert 2020." That's for all the recent home concerts that have been taking place in response to people staying at home due to the coronavirus. So far there are only three of those, but I plan on posting more soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, I always enjoy your efforts.They are very entertaining! Of course we all like different music. So sometimes I just move on- & sometimes Im thrilled! Ive come to feel like a pre-internet type as I open the web every day like a guy commuting with a daily newspaper spread open, skimming the rag for a grin or a whatever- sometimes getting one & often quickly moving on with an inner grimace. As a long time music collector I find it interesting how particular shows, collections seem to have different references all true!!!!! The reality of this loved minucia is interesting & hardly worth the debate. My favorite remains a Slim Harpo Show I saw at The Steve Paul Scene. Significant for its history to the genre. As was the custom at that place...many well knowns joined to jam for the last hours deep into the night.I cant verify who- its not like they were announced when all of a sudden there they were... but guys like Johnny Winter, Butterfield -I assure you whoever was in town would pop in & it was Slim Harpo!!!!Well there's an article online about it. It says the show was cancelled because of the snow. And let me tell you IT SNOWED. & me & my friend Scott drove 40 miles "in a state" through it & there we were. & The author who probably lived less than 20m away in NYC stayed home. So....... Thanks for sharing ...every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I was planning on downloading some cover version albums by some artists whose original songs I'm not interested in. So the new category is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete