Friday, April 19, 2024

Dwight Twilley - Moon Shadow, Atlanta, GA, 6-17-1984

Dwight Twilley is a frequently overlooked and underrated rocker. He's best known for two Top Twenty hits in the U.S., "I'm on Fire" in 1975 and "Girls" in 1984. But he had a long and fruitful music career before dying in 2023 at the age of 72. He released dozens of albums, but he had lots of trouble with his record companies, so they never got the attention they deserved. 

I believe there are only two official live albums from his long career. "Live from Agora" was recorded very early in his career, in 1976. "Live: All Access" was recorded relatively late, in 2006. So I figured it would be nice to have one from the middle of his career, when he arguably was in his prime.

I've come across very few bootlegs from him, and this one seemed to be the best and most popular. However, it had one very serious flaw: the lead vocals were way, way down in the mix. But that's something I could fix, so I did, using the UVR5 audio editing program.

This mostly consists of originals, including his two hits, "I'm on Fire" and "Girls." So it's a good introduction to his music, almost like a best of collection. It ends with two classic covers.

This album is an hour and three minutes long.

01 talk (Dwight Twilley)
02 Little Bit of Love (Dwight Twilley)
03 T.V. (Dwight Twilley)
04 Betsy Sue (Dwight Twilley)
05 talk (Dwight Twilley)
06 Long Lonely Nights (Dwight Twilley)
07 Jungle (Dwight Twilley)
08 I'm on Fire (Dwight Twilley)
09 talk (Dwight Twilley)
10 You Can Change It (Dwight Twilley)
11 Runaway (Dwight Twilley)
12 Looking for the Magic (Dwight Twilley)
13 Don't You Love Her (Dwight Twilley)
14 Somebody to Love (Dwight Twilley)
15 Band Introductions (Dwight Twilley)
16 talk (Dwight Twilley)
17 Girls (Dwight Twilley)
18 C.C Rider - Jenny Jenny (Dwight Twilley)
19 Money [That's What I Want] (Dwight Twilley)

https://www.upload.ee/files/16541817/DWIGHTTWLLY1984MonShdwAtlntGA__6-17-1984_atse.zip.html

The cover photo of Twilley comes from an appearance on the "American Bandstand" TV show in March 1984.

4 comments:

  1. I've also recently discovered Dwight Twilley, and so if you like his work on this album then check out a couple of unreleased albums that I've put together https://albumsiwishexisted2.blogspot.com/search/label/Dwight%20Twilley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwight Twilley is such an underappreciated artist. Thanks for sharing this live recording.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with him, but I'll bite. Checking this one out. Thanks, G.

    ReplyDelete